Listeria

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by DanaG, Jan 5, 2010.

1. DanaG

DanaG Guest

Jan 5, 2010
    Hi all,
    Im Dana and I own 4 fainting goats. One is VERY special as he thinks hes a dog. We are on day 8 of listeria infection. Everything seems back to normal except he can not stand on his back legs. I am giving the Procaine PCN every 6 hrs, just finished the steriod this morning (6 days) and also doing thiamine every 12. I have gotten up up in a sling and rubbed his back legs. Can anyone tell me if I need to do something else or if its possible he will walk again. I am at a loss as to what to do. He is eating and drinking normal and peeing and pooping normal. Im in Alabama and we are in the middle of a artic wave. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Dana

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    HI Dana -- so sorry you are dealing with this.

hopefully someone with more experience with this can give you some advise -- sounds like you are doing the best for him. I hope he starts to make a full recovery soon

3. DanaG

DanaG Guest

Jan 5, 2010
    Thanks so much...I guess my biggest question is; can he fully recover the lameness in his legs....Hes trying to stand it just like his legs are able to hold him up... :hair:
    Also putting him down aint an option. :help: