Litter size poll

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Single

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Twins

6.1%
  3. Triplets

72.7%
  4. Quadruplets

21.2%
  5. Quintuplets

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    OK this is just out of interest, but I want to know... what's most common for YOU in your herd?

I'm just allowing 1 option per user but if you want to expand on that, feel free to do so :greengrin:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    This year ever one of the does my bucks bred gave twins. But I just found out that I have a few young does due and I hope that cycle is broken. :worried:

3. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Our FF mostly gave us singles but some did give us twins though, we mostly have twins and triplets here on our farm.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My Bootsie who is now retired gave me 3 sets of triplets , 2 sets of twins and 2 singles. Tilly who is also retired gave me 3 sets of twins and her final delivery was triplet does. Binky has had 2 sets of twins and Angel a single....my deceased Dolly had given me 2 sets of trips, and 3 sets of twins.
    So it was more common to see twins here, which is VERY ok with me!

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Mostly triplets here, with twins occasionally and once, a set of quads. Our first single with the Nigerians was born last weekend.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    2005: a single
    2006: 3 singles, 3 twins (2 of the singles were FF)
    2007: 4 singles, 5 twins & 3 triplets (3 of the singles were FF)
    2008: 6 singles, 5 twins, 4 triplets & 2 quads (only 2 of the singles were FF)

To date we've had 36 kiddings. 14 singles, 13 twins, 7 triplets and 2 quads. So singles have been the majority.

Hope we don't have so many singles this year. They're always bigger and more trouble to delivery just due to size. I like twins and triplets a lot and even quads.

7. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Most of of the goats here only have singles to triplets. We've had a few first freshners give us twins and last year had one give us triplets-but i'd rather 2nd freshners and older have the triplets. When I was in the minis I had one nigi give me quad 1st gen mini oberhaslis and one 2nd gen first freshner mini ober doe give me triplets. So far this year I have had one 2 year old doe kid with twin doelings.

8. eliya

eliya New Member

Since 1998 we have had:
    16 singles
    41 sets of twins
    23 sets of triplets
    3 sets of quads

9. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    For me it would be between twins and triplets. I haven't had any singles so far w/ my nigis, although I think that may change this year by either Dixie (FF) or Swiss (3rd), but Swiss always fools me, she had twins both times previously. I may wait til my last 4 does kid to vote, I have 3 FF, two have had ultrasounds, one is having atleast twins, one we only saw one little peanut, but her blatter was in the way to see if there were more, she's Dixie. And the last one looks like she'll have more then one! But she's kind of a butterball anyway and that may all be her!

Last year I only had one FF and she had triplets.

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    My herd averages 200% fecundity

11. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    twins seems to be the most occuring here.

Nica has had a total of 4 sets of twins.
    Layla had 1 set of twins before I sold her.
    Frostie and Precious both had a single kid prior to selling.
    Hannah has had triplets both times she's kidded here.
    Delilah had twins.
    I don't think Im missing anyone.

And I bet, Hannah will be having trips again this year. Delilah may to! lol :shrug:

12. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    We had twins for our first birth on our farm but we have one more due.