Little bit of an update

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sparks879, Jan 2, 2009.

1. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I know i have been rather elusive lately. I havnt been home much. Car hunting and then with the weather they wa it has been....Like Kelebeck, i have had some extremes as far as snow (at least for here) We got over a foot, which generally isnt bad. But it lasted for two weeks. This doesnt happen around here. The worst part was the ice. It was a definate chore getting into town. The five minute drive took me an average of an hour. Our road goes up a pretty steep hill, and then i live on a side road off of that one, only to go back down the same hill nearly to the bottem and then our driveway goes back up the hill. We have spent the last two weeks hiking up the latter part of the hill. Im so glad to finally be able to drive up it again.
    In the meantime the cold weather made for some slick conditions on our porch. I salted them every evening and every morning but it just wasnt enough. I fell down the concrete steps about a week and a half ago. Folded my already torn apart ankle underneath me. and banged up my back pretty good. Went to the ER to make sure nothing was broken which it wasnt...thankfully but now they are talking about pushing the ankle surgery up even closer. And i have to go to the chiropracter about my back. Hopefully its just an easy adjustment, and things will be back to normal, as i dont get benefits at work so really cant afford to take any time off.
    My boyfriend is leaving for germany on thursday for six months, then he goes to afghanastan for another six. The one good thing about this is i may get to go to germany in march. The opertunity of a lifetime.
    Oh and by the way Secret santa! I had Di...
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Oh good to hear from you Beth.

OUCH about your back and ankle, how terrible :(

Stay warm :hug:

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh wow! I got a package from you, Beth! I did recognize the return (I looked at it pretty quickly and then opened package, the amarylis is starting to grow already! Love the candle!). I told Hubby to save the return...but I couldn't find it...I'm so bad. In my defense, I went to one of the houses we are trying to sell last week, and found a FLOOD! So, I've been dealing with that! One thing after another around here. But, if you were my secret santa...who sent me the drawing? I'm so confused! Thank you, everyone! :grouphug:
  4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

The drawing was sent by me as well. I was hoping they would arrive the same day but i guess they didnt. I dont remember sending a candle though. I did send some goat milk soap that was made by a local friend of mine.
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry are in pain.. :( .I will pray... you get better soon.... :pray:
  6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oops, yep it is soap...the candle came the same day...someone else...sorry. Oh great...I was wondering what happened! I've got the perfect frame for the drawing! I'll try to take a pic when I get it framed. I wish you'd have signed it though, always sign your art! It's worth it.

Sorry your ankle. I know about back pain...please be sure the chiropractor doesn't make it back surgeon told me when people have backs like mine and go to the chiropractor, it can make it much worse. Depends on the problem, though. :hug:
  7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh I hope that you are feeling better - :hug: I am so sorry that you got hurt.

Oh you sooooo want to go to Germany. i went there many times and it is beautiful - soooo green! But it is alot like Seattle - RAINS all the time there!! LOL!
  8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Thanks for the prayers! I really hope its not bad....Going to a very reliable chiropractor if i can get the funds together to go. I dont get benefits so it makes it difficult sometimes.
    I thought about signing the drawing but then figured you might figure out who it was, I usually do sign them. My friend susan made the soap she sells it at a local gift shop here She also makes some of the best goat cheese I have ever tried. there is no odd after flavors like some cheese.
    im jhoping to be able to go I really want to but its all a matter of money...we all know how that goes. Maybe i can put my christmas bonus towards it...
    thanks again guys.