The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to follow suit of Jill, let drag this thread out until the middle of May! Maybe even past June if any doelings are still cycling in a month :lol:

I have 3 does due in February towards the end, 3 due in March more toward the end, surprisingly only one due in April on April Fools :p and 2 due in the middle of May.

First up is my coming 9 year old doe, Clarice, then a coming 5 year old, Babette, and a coming 2 year old, Clarice's daughter, Fancy. Fancy will actually end up kidding before she turns 2, so she'll technically be a 2nd freshening yearling :lol:
I guess I don't have any adult pics of Fancy, so the last one is her as a baby :p

Attachments

·
merryoaks
4,249 Posts
Ah great, I know you posted just to tempt me:rolleyes: :lol: You're going to get lots of gorgeous bucks and I'll be sitting over here drooling...
Hope you get your 3 does, maybe I should have you ship me a doe next year along with a buck:p

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! :)

5 weeks left to go! I think Clarice and Fancy have singles or small twins, Babette likely has another single (probably a buck).
The other girls are looking good, Biagia most likely has twins, and maybe even Coup :) Time will tell, still have 9-10 weeks for them.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roughly 21 days left for Clarice, 22 days left for Babette, and 26 days left for Fancy. Getting closer! :)

My guesses are twins for Clarice (maybe buck/doe? or twin does again, she's only ever had 1 buck in her entire kidding career), single for Babette (buck is my guess) and single for Fancy (guessing doe this time).

Then next up is Coup, due March 15th, 46 days left to go, most likely a single. Then Biagia and Edna on March 20th, 51 days left to go. I'm almost sure Biagia has at least one buck in there, probably twin bucks, she's certainly acting like one herself. And we'll say single doe for Edna again because I'm hopeful :lol:

Then my April kidding is Buffy, the halfing, who knows who she is bred to, due April fools (1st), so 63 days for her. I'll say buck/doe twins again for her.

And maybe last, but not least, I have Allilea (FF) and Delilah kidding on May 12th and May 13th, only a mere 104 and 105 days left for them! :ROFL: And however many the count may be, somehow I think they'll both have bucks.

I still may breed one more doeling to kid on the 4th of July, but that is contingent on whether or not she comes back in heat next week :lol:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have had them all kidding by the end of March, but life got busy and I wasn't home much to catch them on their cycles, so yes, they're pretty spaced out! Though I think I might like it better this way, last year was terrible for me with the kiddings back to back and me being up for 3 days straight.

So even though it was unintentional to space them out this much, I think I might like it :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I'm nearly as spread out as you! My first is due in a week, with the others due between then and the end of May, totaling eight does.

Good luck!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Lol I'm spaced out from any day now to the end of June it's 52 does and it's going to be rush rush wait wait wait rush rush rush lol I don't know if I like them spread out or all together. I like spread out sleep wise but together because the last ones born always gets pushed aside but I'll make another creep feeder for the smaller ones this year
And (cough cough) where are pictures of your girls??!!

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's not much to see :lol: The first 3 does due don't have baby bellies like the others get :p And the one went off feed like she did 2 years ago, and the other is old, so they're on the thinner side right now.
There's a lot of mud too.... not very pretty :lol:

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Lol boy do I understand the mud! I pretty much take no pictures of my goats right now, so as a fellow Californian I totally understand

·
I'm watching you
22,150 Posts
Ah so, its a race for Guinen and Coup this year. Guinen is day 150 on March 14th.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I would have had them all kidding by the end of March, but life got busy and I wasn't home much to catch them on their cycles, so yes, they're pretty spaced out! Though I think I might like it better this way, last year was terrible for me with the kiddings back to back and me being up for 3 days straight.

So even though it was unintentional to space them out this much, I think I might like it :)
Good luck with your beautiful, beautiful girls! :dance:

I'm hoping to have my girls kid as close as possible. Might not be the best decision, but because I bottle feed the kids I like them to be as close in age as possible. We'll see how that madness goes. :lol:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guinen will probably win, Coup goes way over. I think she went to 156 or 157 last year. Actually, all mine go over.... So I'm just going to count to 155 as their due dates from now on :lol:

Thank you! Got my fingers crossed for doe kids even though I'm only keeping a couple, I would like to have some to sell this year :)

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anybody want to guess genders? :)

Clarice's history: 2008 :kidred:, 2009 :kidred: :kidred:, 2010 :kidred: :kidred:, 2011 :kidred: :kidred: :kidred:, 2013 :kidred: :kidblue:, 2014 :kidred:, 2015 :kidred: :kidred:

Babette's history: 2013 :kidblue: :kidblue:, 2014 :kidblue:, 2015 :kidred:

Fancy's history: 2015 :kidblue:

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coup's history: 2013 :kidred: :kidblue:, 2014 :kidred: :kidred: :kidblue:, 2015 :kidblue:

Biagia's history: 2013 :kidred: :kidblue:, 2014 :kidblue: :kidblue: :kidblue: :kidblue:, 2015 :kidred: :kidblue:

Edna's history: 2015 :kidred:

Buffy's history: 2015 :kidblue: :kidred:

Delilah: 2015 I believe both were :kidred:

Allilea going to be a FF

1 - 20 of 192 Posts