The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,232 Posts
So cute. We get a family of Carolina wrens that nests in our main barn overhang every year. This year they hatched a whopping seven chicks, but sadly two of them drowned in one of the goats' water buckets when they fledged. 😔 Lesson learned. I'll be sure to keep the goats' water out of the way next year if we have a nest again.

We also currently have a phoebe that has a nest in the rafters of our newest goat pasture barn. I was able to sneak a picture and realized that the nest is lined in goat hair! 😊
IMG_7432.JPG

·
Registered
Goats
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So cute. We get a family of Carolina wrens that nests in our main barn overhang every year. This year they hatched a whopping seven chicks, but sadly two of them drowned in one of the goats' water buckets when they fledged. 😔 Lesson learned. I'll be sure to keep the goats' water out of the way next year if we have a nest again.

We also currently have a phoebe that has a nest in the rafters of our newest goat pasture barn. I was able to sneak a picture and realized that the nest is lined in goat hair! 😊 View attachment 207764
That's cool!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts