The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a kinder doe Peppermint due soon. This morning her udder was huge, I don't think anymore milk can fit in it. I let her out with the others as usual... About 15 minutes later everyone was bawling, first thing I noticed Peppermint is missing... She was about 100 ft from the rest of the herd... Ligs are very soft, so I put her in a pen in the barn... She's eating hay now.... Could I have some new babies soon? Nervous and excited at the same time....

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing yet. I haven't seen the discharge yet, and the lady that is "on call" incase I need her, said that is when it's real close.... I'm going out to check on her here in a few.. So nervous and excited all at the same time...eeks...

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give updates, as I think it will be tonight or tomorrow by her actions... No sleep for me tonight lol...:)

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, she's having intermittent contractions.... But won't leave the baby girl alone..... Who wouldn't really...

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
How is your doe? You need to go in, if just with two fingers, to feel if there is another kid or just placenta. Sending good thoughts your way :hug:

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi all... Sorry my phone died on me... It appears as though she only has 1 kid... My friend on call said the contractions were just the cervix going back together, and I'm pretty sure she past the afterbirth... I'm a total newbie... Mom is alert, caring for her kid, very protective... Eating and drinking like a champ... Baby has nursed several times... So we think she is finished.. I did go in but couldn't feel anything really...and since she is doing really well... That's where we are leaving it....

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby, she is a cutie! I love freckled ears, they are soooo cute! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts