The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all so sorry I've been absent recently. Ive been tied up with trying to buy our first home and the process has been agonizingly slow and frustrating.

Im also now 38 weeks pregnant so thats slowing me down as well.

Im happy to report that as of yesterday my husband and I are finally homeowners :cool: I didnt know if it would ever happen!

I try to keep my FB updated https://www.facebook.com/staceyendofthelinefarm

So if you want to keep up with our new adventure in home repairs and our new addition to the family coming in a couple weeks, as well as bringing the goats HOME! Friend me :)

I will try to keep up with a bit on TGS but its hard and I appreciate everyone of the moderators who have been doing an excellent job keeping things running smoothly here.

·
14,760 Posts
Aww Stacey that is fantastic! Congrats!!!! Nothing like 'owning' your first home and making your own choices with it! I wish you the best! Are you officially moving in now, or do you have to wait? I know it can be a pain buying, my dad just had to wait about 50 days to get into his new home!

Hopefully little one will give you some time to get settled first :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Congrats! I bought my first home last year, so I know how excited you are. :)

Good luck with the baby! Mae came two weeks early, so be careful with plans for the next couple weeks. I cleaned my room and on my way out to karaoke my water broke. ;)

·
1,983 Posts
I had noticed you hadn't been around, and thought maybe you had the baby. But buying a new home is equally wonderful news! Congrats on your new home. Can't wait to hear when your new arrival comes.

·
558 Posts
So happy for you that you bought your first home! Exciting!

I know its hard, but really try to relax and let others do things for you in your last weeks of pregnancy!
Once the baby gets here, you will be mom and mom's work is never done!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
congrats!! exciting things happening!!!

hoping for a smooth rest of your pregnancy, and a swift birth!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Congrats Stacey! That's wonderful news! So happy for you guys! :D :stars:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all :)

Yes Im mostly relaxing - I do a lot of driving around to pick things up at the store with people since I know the area Im the driver but usually there is someone with me.

I use to zip around stores and gather what i needed real fast, now I look for the restroom and waddle my way around the store complaining to myself that my feet hurt. But is all ok.

I was convinced yesterday my mom was trying to put me in labor! She was walking so fast! I had to yell at her to slow down because getting to the truck faster then me would be of no use since I had the key and was the driver :p

We are very blessed to have such a helpful family in my parents and siblings. My sister came down today (about an hour away) to help clean. I was trying to help but mostly just watched my niece (who is 2 1/2 and potty training) and sat around. Any type of activity just makes my legs sore or to much pressure and I cant stand.

Im not use to this not being able to do stuff so its hard and i feel useless.

oh and Candice - no we dont have our CO yet so we havent moved in. CO inspection is scheduled for Monday.

Dont buy a house and be pregnant at the same time - its not a good combination.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
So glad things are going so well and you have a great family to help you out :)

Makes a world of difference!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We moved in two days ago. Its been a worl wind of activity here the past number of days. So many people helping in many ways its awesome. I'm going to try to get photos up on my Facebook. The progress in the baby's room is amazing.

Looks like the goats will be home Thursday night. It was a sudden decision but should be good over all. Just have to get some temp fencing up.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
How wonderful Stacey!! :stars:

Glad you guys have so much help! That's always a blessing! :)

·
I'm not addicted - I'm in love!
5,018 Posts
Aw Stacey, I am so happy for you all! :pray: for the coming little one!

·
8,187 Posts
Wow, lots going on! Sending good thoughts and prayers for an easy labor and delivery! Be sure and take
time to rest! You and the babe deserve it!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
39 hours of back labor including 2 hours of pushing we finally added Liam Donovan to our lives at 10:42am today. Weighing in at 7.2lbs and 20 1 1/2 inches long.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
:birthday::fireworks::stars:Oh my god, he is wonderful! So much congratulations to you and your family!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts