The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I HATE bragging, but I have to tell some people who understand.

Over the last three months, all but one of my eight goats have been either sick or just not quite up to par in some aspect. Since coming home from college for the summer, I've invested TONS of $$ into getting my herd healthy and keeping them that way. It has been a TON of work, even DURING the fair, when some of the kids came down with runs from the stress and I was giving meds every night. But here's the thing. We did it. It all paid off! All the goats made it into the fair, and I came home with ten rosettes - and the title of Fourth Best Herd in the County!! So if you're wondering if all the time and money is worth it... It is. To have a happier and healthier herd than ever before is my pride and joy right now. Keep plugging along - that healthiness will come.

And one more thing, pretty much unrelated, but another little win.
Seven years ago, I brought my first ever goats to the fair for the first time. Two wethers and a doe. One wether was a market. Except I caved and couldn't sell him. I ended up buying him back. Fast forward seven years later, and he took first in his class and Reserve Grand Champion Pet Wether for the second time in his life. I'm glad we kept him. :inlove:

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Way to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts