Llama costume...any ideas anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Shantarskiye, May 22, 2009.

1. Shantarskiye

Shantarskiye Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Indiana
    This year I am showing a llama at our 4-H fair like I did the last few years. But, this year I am doing something new....llama costume (dressing the llama up). And I desperately need some ideas. Anyone want to put in their thought? One thing I want is glasses. So I need something that will go with it that is not too elaborate.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    maybe a granny?

glasses, bonnet, and shawl?

haha- she can have knitting needles, and have llama knitting

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Harry potter :greengrin:

4. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    We had an Alpaca show a few weeks ago and here are some of the costumes that were there. Maybe you can get some ideas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I talked with a couple of them that had put pants on their Alpacas... they said it took a couple of people to "dress" their Alpacas! I can't imagine what it would take to get pants on a llama! :slapfloor:

5. harmonygoats

harmonygoats New Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Northern Arkansas
    those are cute pictures. Hmm, glasses sun or regular? With sunglasses a hawaiin shirt and skirt unless you can get shorts on it, and a straw hat? A summer tourist. Regular glasses, bookworm?(material that looks like a book shelf or get a bunch of books from yardsales and glue the spines onto material.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Love the pics.....Cinder......they are so cute..........thanks for sharing....... :love: :wink: :greengrin:

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I love themed costumes, original costumes. One of my favorite events at fair is to judge the costume classes.
    I like it when they have two animals involved. A bee and a flower, a which and a broom, a matador and his bull.
    Saw the cutest costume and the puyallup state fair a few years ago, the kids and taken giant cardboard circles wrapped in tin foil, and put one on each side of three different sheep. Each had a sign on them that read ram, a-lamb, a ding dong.
    beth

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    We took our llama joe and wraped red ribbon around his neck and then put a silver hat on his head and the a person had on satana claus outfit. Made him the north pole. We also had present on his back.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Cinder, those pictures look like they were taken at the National Western Stock show complex. Is that correct?

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    sweetgoats asked:
    Your good... you've obviously spent some time there! :)

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    You could always do a clown. I think it would be funny to see one wearing a wig.