The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
LDS homeschool mom of 6
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an LGD already and plan to get another, but we need a lot of fence repair and reinforcement in our back pasture because it only has cattle wire or missing completely. I don't really want our goats back there until it is all replaced with sheep wire due to their horns.

Would like to start researching llamas to put in the back because they won't need an LGD, won't get caught up in the cattle wire, and can browse higher than the goats because it is so heavily overgrown by trees.

Can anyone direct me to a helpful active forum like this one, llama "Bible" web sites (you know, the kind where the producer knows everything about that animal and tells you so with that "you can never know as much as me" attitude ;p) or books likely to be at the library.

thanks!

·
LDS homeschool mom of 6
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
llama nation is pretty dead, I think the last post I saw was 2010. Backyardherds is pretty active, though. Our library is a bit rural, so I'll see what they have on llamas

Forums are great, but when just reading they can be really disjointed making it overwhelming for the beginner. I've only had goats a few months, and still learning a lot in that arena. But since it will takes months to get our fence repaired, researching now is important

·
Registered
115 Posts
Try stores guide to raising llamas. That's a pretty good one. If you want to message me, I raise llamas, so I might can help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts