LOL.... Bad clip job!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by liz, Jun 1, 2010.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Poor Miss Penny was the first to undergo the first clip by me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Awful....but at least she's cooler and I'm not used to seeing " skinny" kids, my little cross kids are always much rounder! Sorta shocked me to see just how lean and long she truly is. Fecals have been clear, she's getting 1 cup of 18% 1x a day, free range browse and hay in the morning so she has plenty to eat :?

Binkey was next up.... a butcher job for sure but I just LOVE seeing those big milk veins!
    [​IMG]

2. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I love it....I hope I do a little better for the fair this year. They look like good girls....I dont think the one is too skinny

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I love Penny - such a long neck and long bodied!!!

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Okay, so maybe my clip jobs weren't so bad :p lol! I'm kidding.
    I don't think Penny is twiggy either. :)

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Shell....yours are SOOOO MUCH better looking!! I think that it's extremely exaggerated with black goats because once the hair is just a bit too"scalped" you can really see the clipper tracks!

Penny is definately a very dairy looking doeling... never had a PB nigi baby before so it just surprised me to see her lean body compared to my round little pygmy cross kids. She'll be a year old mid July and is already as tall as my 2 year olds! Can't wait to see if her daddy gave her what he gave her older sister!

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Liz......my Murphy(Nigi) is built like your Penny and I am always worried that he is too skinny compared o my pygmy mixes that have the barrel look......I have finally come to realize it is just his build.....he is clear of worms and eats just as well as the other guys........Oh, and about the clip jobs.....I am looking to buy some shears and I'm sure mine well look way worse than yours when I'm done, you should see my poor pups after I clip them....lol!

7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    It's a good thing that goats are not self-conscious--LOL!

Penny looks like a normal, healthy dairy goat to me :)

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    supper dairy goat you have there in Penny. Very nice girl. Black goats always look terrible in the first week of clipping. Once it grows out a bit they look much better

9. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    At least you used electric clippers. My hubby and I just did our wool sheep Baa Baa this weekend with hand shears. Took two of us 45 minutes but at least he's cooler. :laugh:

Gina

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Look on the bright side ...it will grow back.. :wink: .....it isn't the worse clip job ....I have ever seen....so don't feel to bad .. :wink: :hug:

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thanks!! It will be a few days but I'm gonna tackle my boys too.... maybe even try and fix the awful job with Bink and Penny.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.... :wink: :thumb: