Lola - Day 149** Kidded

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Apr 28, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Lola is a 2 year old 75% Boer 25% Sanaan bred to my Black and White Blue eyed Nigierian. This is her second freshning. She had a single last time - and did great. This time she is having a hard time and you can tell when she walks. Her ligs have already started to loosen and sink a bit - so here she is tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Re: Lola - Day 141

AAAWWWWW..... Bless her heart!! I hope she has those kiddos soon! I say twins :boy: :girl: :greengrin:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yup I say Ditto what Brandi said :)

who is she bred to? or did I miss where you posted that :oops:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Lola is bred to Old Castle Blue - my blue eyed buck

BAD picture - but you get the idea. He now is my Mohawk man. With the weather that we have had where it got REALLY warm in the day and freezing at night for about a week, then went back to cool and wet - he lost all of his hair except for a mohawk down his spine - it is hilarious. I have 1 doe that does this also when she sheds her winter coat. I will get pics of mohawk this weekend when it is nice and the boys come out to play.

[​IMG]

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Lola - Day 142

142 am update -

Poor Lola did not want to get up this morning - she just layed there and I scratched her and loved on her. She seemed to really enjoy it. When she stands she looks like a square - it is actually kind of funny. Her back is completely flat straight across. If she has small twins I will be shocked - I am really starting to worry a bit about what is "in the oven" in there! I know I felt at least two moving around.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

ah see when I scrolled down it does weird things and scrolled down through your post and cut off the words on top of the picture instead of scroll down the thread - its weird.

shoudl make some very cute little babies

7. BeeLady

BeeLady New Member

Hopefully with a Nigerian sire she'll be fine and throw a bunch of easy-to-deliver kids!

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Last year I bred her to a pure white nigerian for her first freshning - and she delivered a single doeling on her own while I was at work without an issue and was an awesome momma.

This is Lola last year with her first pregnancy of a single -

7/3- 1 month before kidding

[​IMG]

7/26 - 9 days before kidding

[​IMG]

8/4 - couple hours after delivery of her doeling -

[​IMG]

So needless to say - she is huge this time compared to last summer!!!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I say :girl: :boy: :boy: ......and Blue won't pass on his color, but you will get some pretty BE mini boers!

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh Liz, you are killing me with the no color. If I don't get any other colors except momma's - you are in trouble for jinxing me!!! LOL!

I would be happy with twins - but I am starting to think maybe trips - there was ALOT of things pushing on my hand tonight when I was poking around.

11. shadycreekgoats

shadycreekgoats New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois

Looks like triplets!! :girl: :girl: :boy: You'll have very pretty kids!! :)

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I just can't wait to see these babies, and her udder is awesome compared to last year - so I am going to try and milk this girl. She did great last year when I milked colostrum from her.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I pray ...that all goes well.....healthy kidding for all ....no matter how many kids are born..... :pray:
    I know the wait is torture.....:hug:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Day 143 pm - ligs are very low - but not gone. I can almost put my fingers around her tail head with nothing but bone. Still has not dropped but really don't know if she can drop - LOL!

Had a phone call tonight, and if a male is born, a person wants to buy him for a breeder buck for her Boer X girls for milk / meat offspring - so that is good!

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Lola - Day 144

Day 144 - no change in her that I could physically see. I didn't check her ligs like a bad momma as I just completely spaced it to be honest.

She did not look to have dropped (not sure if she even can - LOL) Was just standing watching the herd run the fence line at me, but when I took food in, she went right to eating.

I am going to go ahead and give her her calcium drench tonight and her nutridrench and see if we can get things going a bit for her.

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Lola - Day 147

So Lola is on day 144 I wanted to get some pictures of her today also - so here is what I got -

[​IMG]

Ok now for the pics -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ligaments are still there a bit, still doesn't look like she has dropped much - I think she will wait through the weekend till I am at work again - LOL! :GAAH:

17. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008

She's so pretty. I love that caramel gold color. :love: Poor little girl. She does look uncomfortable.
    Best wishes for an easy labor, smooth delivery and several colorful babies. :baby: :girl: :boy:

Anna

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Day 145 am -

Lola's ligs are deeper and she is getting pretty mushy - still hasn't dropped - but I am honestly wondering if she even will be able to.

I gave her her calcium drench this morning - so we will be watching her closely through out the day and night. I am supposed to go on a road trip tomorrow to get Harley - have a feeling hubby is going by himself - LOL!

19. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

SO?? whats up with Lola today? did you go or did you stay?

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Lola is still hanging on - just got home - but will update in the morning - not time yet though