Long day local fire

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by morganslil1, Dec 7, 2007.

1. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    The pager went off at 5 this morning we had icy roads and school was on a 2 hr delay.Here is a picture I took this morning.

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh dear - what burned?

Seems like you need to set the date on your camera.

3. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    It was a really old store that used to be the local feed and seed they had turned it into an antique and furniture and mini grocery store. I always forget to set the date after I change batteries and clear it out.
    I got to meet a gentleman with the SBI that was kind of neat.Heres what a local news story said.

Flames reduce a Tri-Cities region landmark to rubble.
    Fire tore through The Old Joe Howell's Store on Highway 19E in Avery County, North Carolina around 4:00 am Friday morning.
    An estimated 60 firefighters responded to the 4,000 square foot building; that's just about every available trained volunteer in Avery and Mitchell County.
    For decades, Joe Howell's Store has been a hub of community life in Avery County. It's been a furniture and hardware store, a grocery store, and mostly recently an indoor antique mall and flea market.
    The current owners say they do not think they can rebuild.
    Preliminary finding point to a wood stove as the cause of the fire.

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    It is so sad to see what a fire will do especially to old buildings. I do admire firemen and appreciate what they do.

5. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    My husband is a fireman me and my 17 yr old daughter are ladys aux it can get a little crazy.

6. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Hats off to you guys. That's really cool you all do it together.