The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pager went off at 5 this morning we had icy roads and school was on a 2 hr delay.Here is a picture I took this morning.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a really old store that used to be the local feed and seed they had turned it into an antique and furniture and mini grocery store. I always forget to set the date after I change batteries and clear it out.
I got to meet a gentleman with the SBI that was kind of neat.Heres what a local news story said.

Flames reduce a Tri-Cities region landmark to rubble.
Fire tore through The Old Joe Howell's Store on Highway 19E in Avery County, North Carolina around 4:00 am Friday morning.
An estimated 60 firefighters responded to the 4,000 square foot building; that's just about every available trained volunteer in Avery and Mitchell County.
For decades, Joe Howell's Store has been a hub of community life in Avery County. It's been a furniture and hardware store, a grocery store, and mostly recently an indoor antique mall and flea market.
The current owners say they do not think they can rebuild.
Preliminary finding point to a wood stove as the cause of the fire.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top