LONG overdue update from me!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by LiddleGoteGurl, May 7, 2008.

1. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Hey everyone,

I am so sorry I haven't been on here much at all these past few months. I do have an excuse though: SCHOOL! :ROFL: Keeps me so busy. I can't wait till it is over.

So here's what is happening at my place!!

We finished spring kidding with 18 babies out of 8 does- all alive and healthy! Thank goodness. We have the rest of the Kiko herd kidding mid-July (thanks a lot, stupid breeding pens :sigh: ... at least I won't be doing school when the big storm happens).

Exciting new news for my herd!! :D
    A couple weeks ago, we went to Illinois to pick up a new Alpine buck from the Crazy-Hollow herd. I ended up coming home with a doeling too! I am so bad, I absolutely could not resist. They are SOOOO gorgeous. I am going to a show this weekend and I can't wait to see how they do! My buck's name is going to be Crazy-Hollow Bon Voyage, and my doeling is Crazy-Hollow Mountain Laurel. I will try to type up pedigrees and stuff for you all to look at. I am so excited! :wahoo:

Even more exciting news!!!!!!
    Last night, my new Nubian buck got picked up at Jen's place and he should be here by Friday!!!!!!! :stars: And even better.... I am buying a doeling from Jen!!! So even though I wasn't going to get more goats this spring.. here I end up with 4. Hey Chelsey, I am almost as bad as you!!! :ROFL: (jk by the way ;) )

Anyways, I just had to let you all know what was up with me. School's over June 6th! That's almost more exciting than anything!! lol

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Katherine it is great to hear from you. Congrats on all the babies so far and your new additions to the herd. Thats awesome

3. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks so much Stacey! I am just ecstatic. :greengrin:

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    That is so awesome!!! I must be rubbing off on you :shades: Can't wait to see PICCIES (which you must post). :greengrin:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Now if you have 18 new babies why are you going out to purchase more? I would think you would be keeping your own.

Congratulations on all you babies.

6. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks! Yeah Chels, must be your fault. Hey that's not a bad thing either I don't think! :slapfloor:

Lori, the babies are Kiko babies, and mostly my parent's. I am not so into the whole Kiko raising thing- I like them enough, but that is really my parent's business :). My heart lies with my dairy goats completely! So I am getting new (and better! :D) dairy goats to improve the genetics I have. I am so excited about this show season already! :wahoo:

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm so excited for you! Congrats! I can't wait until you have time to show us piccies! :greengrin: How did Pixie react?

8. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks Crissa! Part of the piccie problem is ummm having a camera..... I don't have one, so I have to wait till my mom comes home to take some :ROFL: or I have to convince her to let me use it (long story.. bad experience with one of my sibs breaking her other one. HAHA)

Pixie........ hehe. She hate their guts. She is such a brat. They aren't in the same pen (these guys have their own pen), but I think she would be quite upset if she had to live with what I think she considers... ummm.... scum?!? Pixie hates babies. Thinks they are so annoying. Typical teenager I guess :shrug:

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Sounds like Lyric, she's insanely jealous of Lyrae. She's been trying to headbutt her through the fence. And this is the goat that when I bought Heidi as a companion for her she was happy to see her. :roll: And I know exactly how your mom feels, my last camera was dirty so my sister decided to wash it. :shocked: :veryangry: But if we lived closer I'd let you borrow mine. :wink:

And I'm fixing to take Lyrae to the vet. He thinks she needs antibiotics. :cry: I'm really worried about her.

10. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Silly Nubies! I know. Crazy girls.
    Yeah I understand how my mom feels completely. She will probably let me use it if I ask her though. Oh man I can't believe your sis did that!! Poor Crissa.

Oh I will pray for Lyrae.. that is scary :(. What is going on? :tears:

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Hey Katherine, its great hearing from you!!!

And you MUST post pics of your new goats, I can't wait to see them :cool:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Katherine, I did not realize that they had Kiko. I get it now. Sorry :idea:

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Katherine, great to see you back! And it's really good to know a "youngster" that takes her schooling serious! It will be ovewr before you know it so we will be seeing you more often then!

14. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks everyone for the welcome back :) it means so much to me. And yeah, I still am not QUITE going to be back full blast, but just wait a couple more weeks. Thanks Liz! I try my best. I have to be serious if I want to make this Vet thing work.

Hey Lori- Don't sweat it! lol I don't think I said once they were all Kikos. Makes perfect sense to me why you said that. I would have been wondering the exact same thing :question:

Pix this weekend hopefully! Or definitely as soon as my babies get here there will be pics. :D

15. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well I hope she lets you use it! :greengrin: LOL, I actually almost had to thank my sister though, I was starting to hate the darn thing because it took horrible pictures. It was just her timing was horrible!

Thanks, well Lyrae wasn't eating anything so I took her to the vet and he said she had a temperature and gave her an antibiotic and as soon as we got home she ate! I'm feeling better now. But please keep up the prayers for her. :pray:

16. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Oh Crissa, I am so glad she ate for you... I will keep praying for her! Now hopefully if I have time I will get pics today. We'll see!

17. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I couldn't live without my camera! I can definatly understand your mom's fear. Sounds likr Pixie wants to be your ONLY baby, and wants all your attention =)

Glad to have you back!

18. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Hey everyone!

Phew that was a crazy weekend :shocked:

So sorry this took this long. But I have news!! :D And pics!

My Nubian babies, Black Sparrow (doeling) and Condor (buckling), arrived here on Thursday at about 7:30. They are more beautiful than I could have ever hoped for. Sparrow is SOO correct, so long, so perfect.. Condor too :D. I am so happy with them!! Ignore their horns in the pics please... lol. Vet is coming out next week to take care of that :roll: I hate horns so bad. YUCK.

And then my first goat show of the year was yesterday! I came home with 6 blues I think and one red. I was quite happy (especially since my goats weren't clipped or even that ready because it is just so cold). BUT the best part was winning Sr. Showmanship!!! I was really nervous because that was my first Sr. Showmanship class ever and I was the youngest (there were only two other girls, but both of them are really good, a lot older than me, and have been showing lots longer). Every time that I would go in the ring to show another of my goats after that, the judge would tell me what a good showman I am. When I was showing Pixie and the judge was giving her reasons, she said that Pixie was a beautiful doe, but she had an outstanding handler who probably made her look a lot better than she really is. LOL!! Sorry to brag.. I just had to tell someone.. I am so ecstatic! I can't wait for State again now :D. Another cool thing is that the judge is Harvey Considine's daughter. She has judged for us before, and I really like her. Awesome lady.

So without further ado... introducing Celtic Stars Black Sparrow and Celtic Stars Condor!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me and Sparrow (please excuse me.. gaaah.. I was whooped from yesterday)
    [​IMG]

Me and Condor
    [​IMG]

Oh, and how can I forget my new Alpines?

Crazy Hollow Bon Voyage
    [​IMG]

Crazy Hollow Mountain Laurel (with Bon Voyage in the background)
    [​IMG]

Pics of the show coming for you all to see!

19. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Welcome back! :) Congrats on the new goats,I really like Bon Voyage,and your black nubian. :wink: Waiting to see show pics. lol

20. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Thanks Ashley :greengrin:

Ok, here is me and my friend Clare. Clare was one of the two other girls in my showmanship class- she is 19. I have never beat her before, and we are always showing up against each other. She was such a good sport :)
    [​IMG]

Me, my mom, and my doe Harmony, who is my showmanship goat
    [​IMG]