long

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by countryboy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    How long after the doe has the babies till she can be bred again?

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    dairy, fiber or meat?

i breed my nigerians once a year cause i milk.. but i generally wait 7 to 8 months to rebreed

for boers.. if they can stay in condition, you can breed 4 months after

but most only breed once a year

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    for dairy goats you usually breed every fall/winter with them kidding in the spring.

if you have nigerian dwarfs dairy goats they can breed all year round so you can breed whenever. I like to have them kid once a year and in the spring so I tend to breed in November -January and then repeat that the following year.

You can breed say in the spring and then have falling kiddings too.

4. karmouth

karmouth New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    ocala, FL
    I have boers and I have breed them back at 4 months . My FF I give them 5-6 depending on the shape they are in . Sometimes with twins they can get what I call run down . I guess the same way a person mom would with twins sucking on her .I have 3 does that have kidded 3 times in 2 yrs.
    Karen

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    My best producing boers will kid twice each year. We expose them to the bucks 4 weeks after they kidded and I'd estimate 60% of them re-breed. I am working to get that level up though.

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    It kind of depends for us. Our "show" does and those we milk breed once a year. Our "brood" does (those whom we purchased wild and they are still not-so-tame) are bred back about 4-6 months after kidding. . . . sometimes sooner. For example, Honey is a brood doe of ours. She's kidded 3 times since April 2007 - once for another breeder, twice for us. I planned on giving her a long break of about 8 months. But, she squeezed through an insanely small hole and got bred too soon. :hair: Oh, well.