The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need help quick. I need to know how to dose for goats and the yes and no ~ ages to give/not give, milk withdrawal ~ we sell the milk for consumption and crafts~wethers for meat. Our vet doesnt know the answer to these questions and would call the pharma. Co. But i told them i would only trust goat people that have experience with this. We have a nice herd going and do not want to lose the genetics we have built up. Fecal shows strongyles. Have used panacure, so maybe all that is left is strongyles-that is all the vet said they saw. Stopped using ivomec years ago because of immunity. Plz., has anyone used this long term for their goats. Help quick- vet is waiting to hear if i want this wormer and how much !

·
Super Moderator
58,459 Posts
Panacur is only good for tapeworm and roundworm for most people. The withdraw times are what is stated by the companies.

·
Super Moderator
58,459 Posts
If it still works for you, then use it. Just doesn't work for most people anymore. You can always look into herbals.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had used the Land of Havilah herbals wormer month and a half ago. Still had white eyelids in some so did Panacur. Just got fecal results late yesterday on the strongyles. All they found in it

·
Fair-Haven
4,653 Posts
I use ivomec for strongyles. IME - herbals don't help with high loads, more of a preventative once they come back clean. I always go by stated withdrawals from the company - your vet is wise to check. I don't think use of wormers would affect genetics unless you are consistently worming without need.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My vet recommended cydectin after ivermectin proved ineffective.
All I could get my hands on immediately was the pour on. Vet gave me rates for oral use. I have the drench now.
I dont like to use the pour on orally as well as others here. It is easily overdosed and the goats nor I like the smell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dewormers

Cydectin has worked for me in the past. Look up the dose on internet sites; don't just go by the label. It tastes awful! . Panacur did nothing. My neighbor says diatomaceous earth works for her. I'm adding the copper oxide wire particle blouses. Does anyone have experience with that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts