Look Mom That Ones Got Ears and Everything!!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by Bona Fide, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Well it's been hard for my son since I sold the Nigerians - every time he sees a goat that's not a munchie he says "Look Mom, that's one's got ears and everything, yeah I like that one!!!"
    Soo... I broke down and Sept 5th when I went to get my new buckling I let him get an eared goat - she shares the same birthday as my son which made it cool...she's a year old and I was quite impressed with her udder - quite the milker for a FF with a smoothly blended fore udder, nice teat placement, nice MSL, teat size and real nice attachments. But quite the talker - sounds like a dying cow. LOL

So I personally was super excited about my new buckling - I need to get a new picture - he's such a pistol - thinks he's ready to breed every thing that walks - tries to compete with Volt which is funny enough since Volt is my 3 y/o buck who towers over him. Here's his pedigree:
    S: *B Glen Mythos Vidfraegr
    SS: CH *B Glen Mythos Helm's Deep
    (SGCH +*B Glen Mythos Stormbringer x Glen Mythos Medusa 2*M)
    SD: SGCH Glen Mythos Valhalla 14*M
    SGCH +*B Glen Mythos Stormbringer x SGCH Hailey's Star Persephone 13*M)
    D: Shady Lawn My Spice
    DS: *B One Oak Hill Tweed Mysaka
    (GCH ++*B One Oak Hill MAC Tumbleweed x One Oak Hill Harlequin Marin1*M )
    DD: Shady Lawn T. Sweet Cherry 1*M
    (++B One Oak Hill Tumbleweed Talon x J-Haven’s AP Hot ‘N’ Spicey)
    and an older picture -
    [​IMG]

And for the eared one - here's her pedigree - I'm not real familiar with any of these lines - if it's not Munchie or Nigerian, it's foreign, LMAO.

S: Caprea Farmstead Jack Sparrow
    SS: CAPREA FARMSTEAD PIECES OF 8
    (SGCH ++*B Kismet Ryde The 8 Spot x SHEPHERD'S-CROOK MAGPIE MCCAY)
    SD: Caprea Farmstead De Evasive
    (FOXWOOD DREAMWEAVER x SHEPHERD'S-CROOK STYLYST EVE)
    D: Hoosier Kids Daffodil Frills
    DS : DUAL COOL GATSBY
    (WOLF'S PRIDE MACHO CANDY MAN x KARMA FARMS WITH ALL INTENT)
    DD: ENSTROM'S FUDGE BROWNIE
    (LITTLE-BIC'S KNIGHT KISS x ENSTROM'S ZELDIA'S ZENA)
    [​IMG]

Anyhow - even though I haven't posted much - I still read all the time. I got a promotion at work and have been a bit too busy preparing for last cutting and winter and doing fencing and adding new sheds and then my baby (the 2 legged three year old with Energizers that never need charging).

But I've just about lined out my breeding schedule - super excited about the line-up. I'm most likely only going to breed 4 girls this fall and breed the other 4 in the spring. Going back and forth on the girls born this year as to whether or not I'm keeping all 4 of them or just two...

Hope everyone is doing well -

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Very purty!! She's looks just like my nubian buckling...

3. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    lol I saw him before - it's a good thing you don't live nearby or that'd be a WEE BIT tooooo tempting...LOL

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. artsy_farmgirl

artsy_farmgirl Goat Fancier

Feb 29, 2008
    Florida
    Your new nubian doe is gorgeous! Saying she sounds like a dying cow made me laugh, since that's a pretty apt description of their unique sound. :D Your buck is lovely too. Congrats on your additions!

6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm with your son, I like goats with ears! :) I love the Nubian... I'm looking to add one to my little herd next.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks as though you made excellent choices in adding to your herd....I'm with your son though....I like to "see" ears on goaties :)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    the ears have it........................................LOL :)

9. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    LOL - I just can't get used to those ears. I'd like to see more width on the doe - but given she's a yearling - we'll have to wait and see how she matures. She milks like crazy and she's starting to fill out more as I dry her off...

The buck is great, he was out with the other little buck a few nights ago and got in with the girls - he got stomped...every time he'd get knocked back or pushed down - he'd come up blubbering and flapping - I finally got him out of the pen, dragging him away slobbering and fussing... he's so sure he's ready...we'll see how he does come spring :).

10. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am not much at judging goats yet, but that is one fancy looking doe imo,. What a darling!! nice ears too :)