Look what he got me!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Crissa, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well my boyfriend decided to get me a present. He got me a spotted goat! I was not expecting it really as he doesn't really like goats. So any guesses as to breeds? I'm thinking Nubian cross of some sort. Whatever she is she's pretty, a little wild right now though, but that will change. :wink:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    whoohoo! very pretty!! looks like a alpine/nubian i had once..although no wild splashes of color!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very interesting face -- what a cutie.

Boyfriend knows the way to your heart :love:

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    can you clone your boyfriend?? or does he have a brother?? i want one.. i'll pay well.. in goats!

5. goatbless

goatbless New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    What a wonderful surprise! She's beautiful- love the pictures. Maybe someday this will catch on instead of bouquets... :greengrin:

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW for someone that does not like goats he sure chose well didn't he. That face is just as sweet as ever.

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you all! I think he chose quite well too. :greengrin: Everyone knows how I am about spots. lol I can't wait to breed her to Orion and see what I get! (watch it I'll get another black doeling :roll: )

SDK~ He does have a brother but he's older. hehe

8. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Just looking at the way she is built, she is NubbyXBoer. She is a little more heavy boned in her legs so that may be influenced by the Boer. She looks like a keeper! Good luck with her and I hope she produces well for you! One last question, what are you breeding her to?

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yes but if she was boer wouldn't she have a more roman nose? :? I don't know, she's healthy and adorable so I guess it doesn't matter.

And I'll be breeding her to my Nubian buck Orion.
    [​IMG]

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I think she is more of a nubi/boer also! She has the face of my Nova and the ears also

She is absolutely beautiful!!!! I love those spots. That is more of what I wanted - but tumbles was the closest thing I could find right now.

11. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Awwww...what a sweety of a boyfriend!...he must know the way to your heart. :wink:

My first guess would be boer/nubi cross as well. She is very flashy! Congrats!!

12. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Aw she's cute!! I thought Nubian/Boer when I first saw her...but not totally sure.

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I agree that she looks very boer through the face and ears. when i first saw her i though nubian boer right off the bat then i looked a bit closer. She doesnt have a roman nose she may have some sort of swiss breed in there as well. But her ears are boer, and her face is more broad, more like a boer then a nubian. Alpines can be pretty wildly spotted as well. But her color looks more nubian, but her side profiles is telling me swiss rather then nubian, she may be a combination of three. Who knows.
    beth

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    No matter what breeds she is.....she is a very pretty girl... :love: ..I hope you gave your boyfriend a big hug... :hug: because ...if he doesn't like goats....he sure must care about you..... :wink: :greengrin:

15. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    she is BEAUTIFUL Crissa!!!!!!!!!!! :love: Congrats!!! :leap:

16. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    She IS a beauty alright! That bf of yours has a good eye!

Now its just my opinion, but me thinks she might have some kiko in her, because of the ears, they dont lay flat like a pb nub or boer. :shrug:

17. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks everyone! The BF got a HUGE hug and thank you! I was extatic when I saw her in the yard!

18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

the question is.. how much older :wink:

19. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

no kidding....im single in the market and older :wink:

20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome...Crissa .....I'm glad he got that hug...he so....deserved it..... :greengrin: :thumb: :thumbup: Looks like you found a winner of a BF ....way to go girl... :hi5: