Look what I am getting

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Fibers' started by sweetgoats, Apr 19, 2010.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ok, I received a email today from someone that found my website, and she has two beautiful white Cashmere does. They are twin sisters and 4 years old.

They are giving them to me as long as I promise they will stay together and as long as I give them a good home.

They best part of this is, they could be from a big huge white buck I sold to someone years ago. See I had to sell Zoom Bee becasue he got to be to aggressive and mean, he would come after me and take me down, so I had to sell him. Well the lady that bought him, that is where these two girls came from. They were Orphans and they were bottle fed, and spoiled rotten. She is not sure who the dad is because the lady they got them from (The one I sold my buck to), she said is NOT a very organized or has any control of her goat, so she has no idea who the mother is because none of the new mom's would take these babies, so they were given to these people.

WOW long story. So anyway I am going to try to go see them this weekend. :leap: :cool: :clap: Maybe even bring them home. I have managed to sell all my white goats, so I need more. I am so excited.

OK, this coming from me that wanted to sell out of all my goats. Crazy and my hubby will not be real happy, but oh well, he is the one that said not to sell. OOPS but he did not say to get more :ROFL: :wahoo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Beautiful, congrats!!!

3. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    WOw! Ididnt know cashmeres were that huge!
    Yeah you must be crazy alright :thumb: you go get those girls you need them. And they need you! :stars:

They really are stunning!

4. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Wow! They are sure beautiful Lori! Where are they at? Looks like Black Forest or somewhere lol

5. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    they look like sheep... congrats they are very nice

6. Karens

Karens New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Spring Hill, FL.
    They ARE beautiful ! WOW so big! And your dog is Gorgeous also- is that a Great Perinanese? :shades:

7. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Lori.....they are so very pretty....CONGRATS! I didn't know you were thinking of getting out of goats....oh well, I guess your not now...lol!

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK, just broke the news to the hubby. He was not real happy, but oh well. I will work it out.

Yep people do not realize how big cashmere are. They are big, and these guys are sweet looking. I will go look at the micron count of the goats.

Sammy, I will tell you later, I don't want you to get them first lol. No they are from the Conifer area.

This picture is at their place.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    beautiful.... :love: A big Congrats..... :thumb: :greengrin: :thumbup:

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    they looks very soft! congrats!!

11. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Congratulations! They are beautiful!

12. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Congrats they are really very pretty! DOes the one doe have wattles???? :)

13. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Lovely girls! What do you do with the cashmere? Do you spin?

Deb Mc

14. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Wow, if this is the case, so very interesting how things can come full circle like this. Congrats, and have fun! :)

15. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  16. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Lol Oh Lori, I wouldn't dream of doing that to you. Lol :laugh:

And I'm picking up two..maybe three, but for sure two does the weekend of the first. Ann is dropping them off at susannes. A black and white yearling doe. Ann is giving them to me to experiment with to see what I can do with them. I'm glad there is a white one, lol so far I only have a true white and a light cream doe. Lol The black ones keep adding up. I'll have 4 black does and two black bucks (one of which I need to get rid of). So if you know of anyone who'd like one lol

She wants to give me a third yearling out of Zoom and Iris, but she says that she is skittish. So Idk if I'll have time to calm her down.

However, lol I wish people would give me does just randomly like that hahaha They are sure beautiful. BTW can I just say that I am stoked to see you this weekend?? :cool:

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I don't know if they do or not. I will try to go get them this weekend but I already have a full plate.

What do you mean, Ann and Susanne give them to you all the time. It is going to be a fun weekend. I love this Clinic. I am bringing a few bottles of mine, to bad you are not staying at the same hotel now. :(

18. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Sammy, remember several years ago at out Plainsmen Prospect show, the first one we did? The judge that was well kind of weird?

That is who these are coming from in a round about way. She gave them to the people I am getting them from. I guess she had no idea who the mother was and no mother would take them, so she gave them to this family (neighbor), and now they do not have time for them anymore.

That judge was the one that bought Zoom Bee.

19. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Oh yes I remember now! Those white does that family wants you to have look solid. Holy crap lol

Lol I can't believe how unorganized that lady is. Of course I don't know the whole story, but hey I bet those would make an excellent addition to your herd. = )

What clinic are you attending?

And as far as Ann and Susanne lol this year is the frst year they have given me any goats. Lol not sure why Susanne gave me Chip, I was going to pay $100 for him. And then Ann is only giving me 3 yearlings for free. The rest I had to pay for. And The three yearlings I am getting I believe will need a lot of work as far as handling. Little nervous about that lol but I think it'll be better when Matt and I come home and are able to work with them more.

20. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    so beautiful!!! yeah, i told my dad i was bringing goats when i moved back but forgot to mention the dog and cat.... ;) oops! :D