LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Bona Fide, Jan 27, 2009.

1. 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 125

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 75

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 25

100.0%
  5. 50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    So I bought a pair of Oster A5 two speed clippers last year at a REALLY good buy - $100 for a practically brand new pair with 6 new blades - I was thrilled as I haven't had them since I showed horses quite a few years ago - forgot how they cut hair like a knife through hot butter in comparison to the cheap brands and how light and quiet since I had the hoss cat sheers - I was wanting another pair to use for when the Oster's started getting warm or inbetween goats or for when I get "help" clipping but didn't want to spend money. Well here's what I found - and while I didn't want single speed I figured the price was decent enough for being in such good shape. So to make sure I'm not buying just because, what would you give for them to consider them a "good buy"?

[​IMG]

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I'd probably give about 50-75.

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I would give up to $75 if they are in as good of shape as they appear to be.

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I love those! I actually have a pair myself and they do a great job on the goats! lol I don't know how much I'd pay though, mine were a hand me down from another person who showed sheep. :oops:

5. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    LOL not quite sure what I'd pay for them. I have a pair and after trimming about 5 goats I have had nothing but problems with them. I know a few other people who have had the same problem with them. I'm looking at my Nasco catalog as I type looking for a different brand LOL.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    osters are great -- couldnt see the logo but thats what they look like. I wouldnt spend more then 75 on them because you can get brand new ones for 115 from jeffers.

7. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I had an Oster A5 for about 10 years and it worked great. Bought a new one and it gets REALLY hot, I don't like the way you adjust the blades, I can't turn the darn thing on my new one (well it's a couple years old now). So, for the goats I got a Lister. It's great! Not cheap though. I got a longer blade so I can use it on the dogs! It's a little big, but I use it for the main body and the A5 for trimming, seems to work OK for that.

8. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    Well I bought them for back up and paid $25 - that why I was so thrilled, lol. :)

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like a steal to me! :hi5: