Looking at another alpine buckling :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Not a great picture, but maybe my buck is in there!

I'm interested in the one in the back, though you can't see him very well. I'm asking for pictures of the dam, and if I like the dam, then I'll ask for more pictures of the buckling. I know I like the sire, but I wanna see the mom. There is some championship blood in there. I'm hoping to find a buck similar to my alpine doe to hopfully get the same color pattern.

[​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    the pic is kinda blurry ...are you talkin about that painted one? As much as I can see... he looks nice.....but ...I would definitely ask ...for a clearer pic... :wink: :greengrin:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    haha! I think your going to need some more pics! :wink:

4. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    one thing about alpines is you never know what color you will get. i have bred chamosse to cou blank & got sandgau. you just take your chances no matter what colors you have.

5. Myotonics are the same way, that is why I love them so much. I thought about getting a single dairy doe at some point. I guess I know what kind to get. HEHE.

Looks like either way there is a lot of color in these lil boys.

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yeah, I just asked for more pictures. I don't know how I'm going to get him though. She isn't headed in this direction until Christmas. :( And I really don't want to pay her to board him, that would make him way too expensive. Anyone live near South Carolina? *puppy dog eyes*

His sire almost always produces these colored goats. And from what I have seen, females with this color patterm usually produce the same pattern about 50% of the time. Usually 2 different colored goats at the same time if they have twins, from what I have observed.

7. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

the only thing i can tell about him is he is flashy. Whats his pedigree? what do his parents look like? Another thing i noticed right off the bat is he is small in comparison to the other kids. Now he very well may be way younger then those other kids, but if thats the case he may not be big enough to breed this fall. If he is near the ages of the other kids and he is that little i would be wondering why. If you cant get him until christmas, youre almost done with the breeding season. If he is able to breed then youre going to have very late kids yourself. All just things to consider. But the first order of business is to get a pedigree on him as well as pictures of his parents
    beth

8. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i have to agree with everythingbeth said. i would eant to see his pedigree first.

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I know the sire is:

S: +*B Willow Run Ahren Rhett ~ FS-90 (VEE)
    SS: +*B Willow Run Caesar Ahren
    SD: SGCH Willow Run Armand Rishona 2*M ~ FS-92 (EEEE)

D: CH Sutton's SD Silver Smoke ~ FS-91 (VEEE)
    DS: +*B Sand Dance SS Sun Dancer
    DD: CH Sutton's BTS Stardust ~ FS-91 (EEEE)

Very flashy sire. I will probably just put a down payment on a buckling for next Spring.

Dam is:

*B Pearl Valley Lance Momentum 3-02 85 +EE

*B Alpine-Valleys Raisin Bran

SGCH 1*M Alpine-Valleys Honey Oats 4-03 92 EEEE

Alpine-Valleys Delta Dawn (American Alpine) 3/13/06

GCH +*B Waiilatpu Newbold's Shandi 4-05 91 EEE

SG 5*M Alpine-Valleys Idell 6-01 90 VEEE

SGCH 4*M Alpine-Valleys HH Ida 6-02 92 EVEE

10. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    DC, I loaned out my camera and just got it back. I'd like to show you our boys to see if they might be what you're looking for. They were 3 months old today and are both chammies. I'll do my best to get some pics posted by Thursday afternoon.

Anna

11. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
  12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I know the sutton/amy's pride herd well. Chico is a really nice buck though he is a bit on the small side. Hav you gotten any pictures of the dam yet?
    beth

13. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    DC, your doe is gorgeous, and so flashy. Love the spots.

Here are some older pics and links to info on my daughter's bucklings. I'll work on getting some new pics in the next couple of days. The boys are getting so big, so fast.
    Zim on the left, Ziff on the right.
    [​IMG]
    Zim.
    [​IMG]
    Ziff.
    [​IMG]

Here's their dam, Dynamic YM Nadine:
    Not-pregnant Nadine
    [​IMG]
    Pregnant Nadine
    [​IMG]
    Pedigree link: http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... A001372183

Sire, Nixon's Enduring Xperience:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pedigree link: http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... A001426107

Judging from another of Nix's kids, he throws kids with those flashy black leg stripes.

Let me know what you think. I love showing off the boys.
    Anna

14. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    anna ziff and zim are getting soo big!! just like our two boys antonio and guido!! love them

15. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    SDK, wait until you see more recent pics. It's amazing how big they're getting. They're going to be weaned soon and are such big mama's boys, it isn't going to be pretty.

Anna

16. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Wow what pretty goaties! My Alpine is only 31 inches tall herself, but she throws big kids, so I'm sure I will be okay. I'm also planning on getting some bigger does to breed to eventually as well. I'll have to ask the breeder about the size of her goats as well.

And actually, I think I'd rather have a smaller buck to start out with anyway, because I am unsure if I can handle a large buck at this time.

I found a nice lady in California who also breeds these color goats (In fact, her husband thought my goat was hers!) She bred her doe to Freelance and got a really nice doeling out of her, and is keeping her to breed with. They are both very beautiful, with nicely formed udders. So I hope to get a doeling from her.

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Just something to think about, if a buck is going to be mean he is going to be mean, no matter how big he is he wont be fun to deal with. Its all in how you raise them, a buck that is raised right will be easy to handle no matter if he matures at one thirty lbs or two fifty.
    beth

18. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    You should be able to find a broken cou clair closer to you - now saying that - that is a nice pedigree! But waiting for next kidding season would work too :thumb: Are you on the AlpineTalk yahoo group? You may want to send out an e-mail saying you are looking for a broken cou clair buckling. I would also send out some e-mails saying that you are wanting to get a buckling out to you - you never now if someone is coming your way!

Mean bucks and size - my first registered Alpine buck Jean Claude was a large buck - he had the best temperament in the world - I could have any size or age buck or buckling in with him and he always was nice and got along. I have had some large standard dairy goat bucks though the years and size does not mean a think - it is temperament. Jean Claude's sire was a sweet buck and his dam was a sweet doe (all the bucks out of his dam seemed to have her layed back personality).

Alpines you just never know what colors you are going to get - I remember once I got a lovely sungau from breeding a cou blanc with white legs to a cou clair with black legs - I never saw a sungau coming out - I loved the color though! That is what I love about breeds that can be any color. Now with my current herd of Nigerians I have buckskins and one black - I mostly get buckskins (favorite Nigerian color) and some blacks pop out here and there - but the white markings - you just never know! I can get them real wide and some come out with very little white - and those with the very little white have produced theses wildly marked kids - you just never know - it is fun.

But that is a great pedigree on that buckling - and with the Willow Run behind him he should be tall - Sutton's is a top herd, I have seen a lot of stuff related to that Sand Dance buck - that is good genetics, the herd names on the dam side are top notch herds too - and all the mammaries are E's - I think you will be happy with this buck kid if do get him (or should I say - can get transport!) - I would not mind breeding him to my Janine for something to keep (buck or doe!). :)