Looking at Planned Breedings for '09

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by capriola-nd, Oct 21, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm looking at a breeder of Nigerians that's really close by. . . . even though she's a fairly new breeder, she had a lot of her goats shipped in from all over, great genetics. I emailed her asking about Rosasharn Umami, which buck she will be bred to, as I would probably like a doe kid from her. Also asked her about Irish Sun, incredible pedigree on her, her dam and sire are awesome and legendary! :D Just wondering what your thoughts are on these does and any others of her herd. We will probably get two doelings but not positive on that.

Here's her website: http://www.mightyheartfarm.com - She is giving her site a makeover and some things are not quite right yet. Most pics are not set-up. She's a really nice lady. . . . :)

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    OH MY GOSH!! UMAMI looks almost identical to gabby.. except her jewelry is straight.

she is gorgeous!! and i think a baby out of her would be BOMB! haha

i also liked their sr. doe ...keepsake? i was just there and i've already forgotten.. shes the last one.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my I really really like Flat Rocks Ruby Spot - I may have to talk to her about that breeding. I like the very petite faced goaties. That is what alot of Chicory Springs goats look like (I own 2 of them and Turners dam was C Springs).

What beautiful goats she has!

4. I saw her add yesterday too :)

I like to be able to see a dams udder (and the sires dam) before purchasing one of thier kids, the proof is in the pudding kind of thing ya know.
    My choice would be Irish Sun, her udder is nicely attatched (would want to see the fore though), she has very nice legs (both front and rear) and her rump is much less steep compared to Umami.

This my choice netween the 2 does......I have not viewed the others.

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I'm not sure if I like Umame, Irish sun is really the only one I would be interested in until seeing the udders. Umame's breeding has not always turned out well.... :scratch:

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Really? That's interesting. . . . I know the pic is not good at all. Well, she just emailed me anyways and said she plans on retaining all does from Umami, so scratch that anyways. I'm probably going to reserve one from Irish Sun. She looks to be the nicest (not good pic though) her bloodlines are really incredible. . . .

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    What do u guys think of Fyre Gem? Her bloodlines are really nice. . . . Any other thoughts? :)

8. Fyre doesn't really jump out at me...but you can not tell her comfromation from that pic.

Now if I could only to look at bloodlines then my fav would be Piddlin Acres Cloud's Mirage.
    Now thats a mega milking pedigree. With the proper buck that doe could produce some awesome
    daughters.