Looking for a Barn Cam with No Wifi or Electricity

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by MellonFriend, Jan 15, 2021.

1. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

I know there are a lot of threads already out there on barn cams, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so I just wanted to make sure before I give up and buy an audio only baby monitor.

I have no electricity in my barn and my wifi won't reach. Are there any completely battery operated, non wifi barn cameras that I could use for kidding? I couldn't find any. If I'm out of luck, do any of you have any recommendations for audio only monitors?

Ashlynn and MadHouse like this.
  2. MidnightRavenFarm

MidnightRavenFarm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2020
    Butler TN
    I have been looking for something like this as well! It’s sooo frustrating. Only thing I found was something that uses cell phone towers( T-Mobile) which don’t work here. Or it’s like 2000 dollars

MadHouse and MellonFriend like this.

3. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    If it's less than 1,000 feet, you can find a video AND audio baby monitor to use between the house and the barn. However, the field of view and image quality obviously are not as good. I use it if I have a few immenent does in jugs for a very cold night to check for activity or if a doe is in early labor and has chosen a delivery location I can let her be and monitor by camera until she begins hard pushing

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  4. MellonFriend

I believe it's less than 100 feet. I wasn't able to find and battery operated, audio and video baby monitors. The ones I found were all wifi and battery or no wifi and plug in. Do you know of a particular company or model of one?

5. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Lol..I need to read slower..I thought the title said Barn CAT qith no wi fi :heehee:

6. MellonFriend

Thank you soooo much! I can't believe I couldn't find any of these!
    :ty::ty::ty:

7. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
  8. MellonFriend

toth boer goats and SalteyLove like this.