Looking for a buck in South Central PA.

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by ockeracres, Dec 5, 2008.

1. ockeracres

ockeracres New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Newville, PA
    I'm looking for a buck, doesn't matter what breeding, if it's registered, if it's meat or dairy or mini. I need one as a breeder for my girls now and for my first time breeders in the future. I lost my buck and would like to hopefully get one before breeding season is over. I can't pay a much and I'd like to keep it close so I don't have to have a lot of money going to fuel. I live in Newville, PA. This will be a permanent home, since I will only be using him to get my first timers bred, I won't be keeping the babies, so I won't have a chance of inbreeding and having to sell him.

Thanks,
    Heather

2. ockeracres

ockeracres New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Newville, PA
    Actually upon reading up on the Kinder breed, I think I'd like to find a Registered Pygmy buck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    i have a dual reg mini nubian buck that i would sell for $150 but cannot help with transport
    i live in swny about 30 min from harrison valley pa and about an hour from bradford, pa
    belmont, ny
    mapquest it
    let me know

4. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    ps) i mapquest'd it
    and it came up with 3 newvilles...?...
    cumberland co
    bucks co
    lancaster co
    you said south central
    so i chose the cumberland co
    and according to mapquest its
    Total Estimated Time: 4 hours 41 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 234.64 miles

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would look on the NPGA website unders breeders listing by states. There are quite a few breeders in Pennsylvania. One I really recommend is Old Orchard. She has wonderful goats and ease of kidding is very important to them.

http://www.npga-pygmy.com/contacts/breeders.asp

6. ockeracres

ockeracres New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Newville, PA
    Thanks everyone. Thank you HH, but at this time that is just too far for us to travel. If things were different, I wouldn't blink about coming up, but with everything going on with this pregnancy, I don't want to go too far.

7. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I can help you with purebred pygmys. They won't be registerd though. The guy I got mine from still has some ( see my website for pictures). I am in york county and Newville is about an hour away. This is also a place where I got some of my goats http://www.tripleigoats.com agian not registered but very nice goats. There are also some nice breeders in Lancaster ( where I got my registered ones) Cathy

8. ockeracres

ockeracres New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Newville, PA
    Is there another way I can contact you personally? I can't send PM's yet, but are you able to maybe send me one?

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    heather because you were a member on GT I will invoke your pm ability :)

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You can always use the email button under her signature also :wink:

11. ockeracres

ockeracres New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Newville, PA
  12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    How far are you from Middletown? I have Nigerian Dwarfs, and Cashmeres. I have either you can use for this season and/or I have a couple of ND bucklings that will be weaned soon. Good luck with your search, and welcome to TGS!

13. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    My boss has a fainter buck for sale named Pongo. he is pure Fainter and is asking $150 and she lives in Butler PA

14. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    The triple I goats are really nice Heather. Glen got his first 4-H market wether off of them. He was a really nice goat too. I saw the pygmys on their farm then, they all looked good and healty.

15. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Anna is right ( didn't know there was someone else close to me on here :leap: ) My girl faith and Mcgraw both came from there( triplei) and they are VERY well informed and I have kept in touch with them. They do take very good care of their goats. It was great going there and seeing them all. Although I am not into boers they had some awesome looking ones ( IMO) But hubby would kill me if I spent that much on a goat, He doesn't get the whole thing.

16. ockeracres

ockeracres New Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Newville, PA
    I was talking to DH last night about the girls and breeding and about purchasing or leasing a buck. We decided to hold off and not breed the girls this late in the season. They would be due about the time I am and I don't want to have to deal with kiddings when I'm getting ready for my own. We do have two girls that were bred to my buck before we had to part with him. They are due in January. Thank you to all who responded. At this point I just don't want to put the added stress on us, or if we need someone taking care of the girls when I'm in the hospital.

17. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Hey heather ... SOOOOOOO glad to hear from you !!!
    I replied to your email you sent me.
    But also wanted to let you know that I have a pygmy buck (not registered) who you could use to. Whichever you'd want (the pygmy or the boer) to use. But anyway, just wanted to let ya know.