looking for a lamb in NJ

Discussion in 'Other Animals For Sale' started by StaceyRosado, Jan 6, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do any of you NJ people or anyone in PA, MD or DL know of a sheep breeder who would be willing to lease out a lamb to me for a couple days?

My church is doing a dramatic musical for Easter and they asked me to find the lamb! I have been contacting breeders all day so I hope to hear something but I don't know.

I may have to purchase the lamb then resell it after the production (if the mother would let me!)

2. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    Try to get in touch with someone from the Garden State Sheep Breeders. You can google their website. Most of the membership is from northern NJ. There's also a smaller organisation in South Jersey but I can't remember the name. They have a Sheep and Fiber Festival near Cowtown, so you may be able to track it down through the internet.

I haven't bred lambs for about 3 years. I have a ewe that's on the smallish side, but she is an adult. I'm assuming you're looking for a lamb that's small enough to hold??? That may be difficult to find at this time of the year. Perhaps you can find someone with a Babydoll Southdown. They're a little on the stocky side, but are very small and may be able to pass for a lamb.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thanks I will look up the one in cowtown, I did find the one you mentioned and I did find 2 people who would be willing to help us out if they have something at the time we need it.

I need more specifics and I hope to get the lady's e-mail who is in charge of the drama program once i go into work tomorrow. I don't have it on my computer here at home but i have it on my computer at work.

I was only asked "find us a lamb" so I have no idea in what way it will be used except it won't be "sacraficed"