The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a nice Boer sire for my kid's 4H projects. I live in PA, but am willing to travel a few hours for a good buck. Anyone have any for sale or know of someone who does?

Mine seems to have too large of shoulders and not enough length. He looked nice at 6 months, but being my first Boer goat purchase, he isn't going to work out. At least I don't think so...

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
I am too far away to help...but why dont you post some pics of your current buck and everyone can chime in and give their opinions on if he will make good wethers.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe he is more sloped than I thought. When looking at these, he seems to have the same degree of slope as my kids...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, he is thick, but lacks length for sure.
Toth, I emailed you yesterday about your buckling :) It is too bad you guys are so far away. I really like some of the west coast boer babies on here! I keep telling my husband we need to take a trip, LOL.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still looking. Seems like we missed a lot of them earlier this year. I am hoping some will be having fall babies. It will be too late to use this year, but will work for next fall. Trouble is, I really like Intruder, he is very sweet and loves to get attention. His sire was very nice. He is also a fullblood and double registered. His sire has a bunch of enoblements. I have a few breeders close that will be having spring kids...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Able acres is selling a very nice whether sire on the elite coalition sale July 27 but I'm sure he will bring alot

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
You can always have a nice buck shipped out. It's really not that hard to find a hauler most of the time. Cost range $250-500 depending on hauler.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since I am new to this market, I find it difficult to evaluate them via pictures or video only. I really like to get my hands on them and watch them move. I like to see parents too, but sometimes that is difficult.

bgr09- I will check it out. Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
He seems to have some very good qualities minus the body length. Maybe you could solve that problem just by breeding to does with good body length....easier to get a new buck though. I love how compact he is bred to the perfect doe I could see some really nice kids out of him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts