Looking for a way to make my doe come into heat herbally

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by sarahsboergoats, Jul 16, 2010.

1. sarahsboergoats

sarahsboergoats New Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Illinois
    Hi
    I want to breed my doe soon, but I am searching for an herbal/natural way to get her to come in heat. Is there a place that sells something like this? or maybe something I could make myself?
    Thanks,
    Sarah

2. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    She should cycle on her own towards fall.

3. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    What breed is she? Sems different breeds come into heat at different times of the year.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    If she is standard size then you'll need to wait another couple months till the fall, breeding season. If she has problems with not settling then there are some homeopathic remedies you can give. . . One that first comes to mind is Sepia but you will need to do some research before giving homeopathic remedies, there are some good books/some websites out there. George MacLeod has a good book on homeopathy for goats. It's a "must have" imo. Sepia may not be a good remedy for her -- there are probably other options that book goes over.

5. Wim

Wim New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Netherlands
    Hello !

There are two homeopathic main remedies for failure to come into heat, viz. :

Pulsatilla 30c (or 30k), if as far as is known there`s no abnormality in the reproductive tract. Give one dose 3 times daily for 3-4 days, thereafter once a week for 3-4 weeks until oestrus is observed.

Sepia 30c (or 30k) affects all the female reproductive organs and helps to regulate the cycle. This remedy can/should be used if there are any irregularities in the normal cycle. Dose morning and evening on 2 days a week (e.g. Monday and Friday) for 4-6 weeks until a normal oestrus cycle is seen.

Good luck !