Looking for ADGA members

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sungoats, Oct 20, 2007.

1. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    Are there any ADGA members in NJ who would be willing to evaluate and write a letter for my Alpine doe? I would like to register her as Native on Appearance and need someone to verify she is an Alpine. Would this be something that could be done by emailing pics or does the evaluator need to see the goat in person? Thanks for any help!

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm a member, I can right you up a NOA statement with my signature, scan it and send it back. I just need to see pictures of her, you can email them to me, goathappy@gmail.com

3. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    yes you can do it with pictures of the doe. i to am a member of adga & have done it in the past but i did see the doe in person.

4. sungoats

sungoats New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Jackson NJ
    Thank you, both, for your replies. Sarah, I will email some pics of Dixie standing and a close-up of her head. If you need more or better pics please let me know. I'm not familiar with the finer points of conformation (yet), but I bred her last year to a buck that was rated "*B"(?). His owner said she would write a letter, but her emails come back returned and I don't know how else to contact her. Thanks so much for your help. How do I join ADGA as a member? Do I need a registered goat before I join or do they allow anyone to join? :)

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    anyone can join the ADGA and you can register goats through them without a membership, but it costs more. http://www.adga.org there is info in there for membership.
    *B is a registry symbol, a buck gets his *B status before he is born. In order for him to get that, his dam has to be a *M(through one day test or DHI(which also means she has to be in the AR)) and the sire also has to be a *B, or the sire's dam is a *M, or if the sire is not a *B but has earned a +(which means he's in the Advanced Registry) In order for a buck to earn his first plus, he must have either 3 daughters out of 3 different does get into their *M(aka AR) or 2 sons out of 2 different does earn their +. A buck can have 2 ++.
    It's all a learning experience, it took me a long time just to learn what I said there. :)
    I will get something typed up signed copied and emailed back to you hopefully today. :)

6. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    and i suppose you speak greek, too??? just typing all of that would be a challenge to moi. :lol:

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    LOL Actually I did greek when I was in 5th grade, wasn't that hard to learn. I can't speak it though. :)