Looking for advice**long with pics

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 5andcounting, Jul 15, 2010.

1. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Ok the last time we went thru this we had a false pregnancy. But this goat is I guess I can say is different from last time.

Anyways, Gracie our pymgy appears to be getting close to delivering. I don't know the day as she lives with our billy (waiting a 2nd pen). She is always I mean always friendly. I can't do anything down there without her wanting me to pet her. Last night when I went down to water, I noticed theat she wouldn't come near me. I walked over to her and she moved away. I am thinking the worst at this point. I knew she was preggers but when she spun around to walk away from me hello bag, which is actually bagging up and I understand now what you all are talking about when you say that. Anyways so I move her to the barn and she went crazy. So i brought her mom in the barn with her and she settled. But she is long and appears to be loose or open some because everytime she baaa's you can see it open to pink. This all happened last night. She is still in the barn today because I had to work. My mom will be checking on her later, however I am very worried as we are schedule to go out of town. Gracie is a first freshner and I really don't want anything to happen to her as she is my baby! No ligs that I could find last night I checked her and then checked her mom (who is also pregger) mom had ligs like you all talk about gracies you can't feel anything.
    Gracies bag
    [​IMG]
    Gracies pooch
    [​IMG]

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Won't be long by the looks of it. It's good that your mom can check on her...although most of the time does have no trouble doing things on their own. :) Can't wait to see pics of the new babies :)

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    As a FF pygmy, she's going to be scared and nervous, it's good that you have her mom with her in the barn and have your mom there to check on her.
    If you just noticed her udder development, she may still have a little time to go, any idea at all on the breed date?

To me, I'd say that her udder will get tighter once she's ready....so besides the ligs, pay close attention to her udder, once it's tight and the teats are plump and bare( I've noticed that my girls as FF tend to get perfect little bald circles around the teats on the udder when they are close)and she will change her attitude with you....will likely not want you to leave her once she's in active labor and the "mommy talk" will begin just hours before she's ready to deliver, you cannot mistake the sound as it is one she's never made before and the only time you'll hear it is when baby's are close.

4. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I have mom checking on her. Hopefully she goes before we go out of town. She has had some what of a udder and he teats have been getting bigger over the past few months so I have been watching her close anyways and last night her personality just completely changed. But I haven't been to the barn in 2 or 3 days hubby has been going down and spending time with them and feed water etc... but he pays no attention to their bags, teats etc unless I bring it to his attention so I shocked me that she had a bag like that now! Bring on the babies aleast as soon as I get home. I'll update once mom checks on her. any other advice is greatly app.

5. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Alittle while ago she was still fine. Just wait! and Wait and Wait

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    See...you expect her to go very soon but she will keep you waiting!! That's part of "The Does Code of Honor"

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Now that's the truth.... :wink: :thumb: :hair: :doh: :help:

8. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Still waiting, udder is filling teats now appear long like an inch and a half long. She appears to have dropped but she is long so its hard to tell, I know she has hollowed out around the hips!

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh they love to mess with your brain

10. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009