Looking for buck

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by tallgirl, Jan 16, 2010.

1. tallgirl

tallgirl Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I was hoping to be breeding our does this month, but our buck just doesn't have a clue what it's all about yet. Anyone in Oregon, Washington, Idaho area selling a reg. ND Buck? Please let me know!Thanks!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont know of anyone selling but you can check the breeder listing page to contact breeders to see if they will stud a buck out for you.

how old is your buck? why do you think he isnt getting the job done?

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'm in NW Oregon but I just sold two of our bucks a couple weeks ago. We only have one left now and he is out on lease. I have a buckling for sale but he won't be ready to breed does for another couple months.

Hope you find a nice one!

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    You could check with www.camanna.com Anna has some very nice goats and I do believe she has a buck for sale right now. Good luck finding one!

5. tallgirl

tallgirl Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Thank you all for your suggestions. Anna's buck is related to our girls, and is so far away.
    I wish I had bought Red Robin when he was for sale, I was thinking about it. Our buck is 5 months old, and I had hoped he'd be ready by now, but he is not even interested, and the girls are so in heat!
    So I will keep looking! Thanks again.

6. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

I am in NV but I travel to OR pretty often. Where are you located? Check my website for my buck, let me know if you're interested, we'll try to work something out. He doesn't have any daughters on the ground so his fee would be low, but I'd need help on gas money is I made a special trip!

7. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

AMANDA your selling courageous???? :(
    I didnt know this!!!
    LOL you better be buying a new buck!

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like she is willing to Stud him out :thumb:

9. TinyHoovesRanch

WOOOOO good :shades:
    Thanks for making me feel better :hi5:

10. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Yeah, lol no way would I sell my baby. He can just goto work at other farms. He's going to be here until he is an old man if I have my way. Plus, I haven't even gotten to use him yet!

If the OP herd meets my requirements (healthy, CAE, CL and Johne's free) I would send him up to get for a period of time to breed her does, then come bring him down when the deed was done.

11. TinyHoovesRanch

OMG I LOOOOOOOVE HIM!!!
    He kinda reminds me of Sunny, my buck! Well thats what sunny looked like for like one week then his color completely changed

12. tallgirl

tallgirl Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks Amanda, your buck is beautiful! Although I was really looking to buy.
    I wonder if I found one down in your area, would you be willing to transport? I live in the far northeast corner of Oregon, but I could meet you part way. If so, let me know how much $$ so I know what I have to work with. Thanks again!

13. TinyHoovesRanch

Are you looking for a specific color?

14. tallgirl

tallgirl Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Well, it's not the priority, but I'd say I'm partial to a red or gold, with white, but like I said, it's secondary to good bloodlines and correct conformation.

15. TinyHoovesRanch

Have you thought about finding a breeder and reserving a buckling?
    I would sell my buck Sunny, but im really attached and im not sure I would be able to give him up :(

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i think my friend has a buck that's a faded red/gold.. out of awesome lines ( sire is kaapio acres moonstruck, who was used a lot by pholia farms before moving down here) that she may still be selling.. she wound up getting his sire and really no longer has a need for him.. i can check into it.. he's going to be two and i've seen alot of his kids, really nice..

only problem is that he's all the way down in socal

17. tallgirl

tallgirl Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Laura, Sunny is beautiful!!!!! I can see why you would want to keep him. Who is his sire? I didn't see any pictures of him.

SDK, I don't know how I'd get him up here, but I'd like to take a look if he is available. Thanks for your help!

18. TinyHoovesRanch

His Sire is DC Minatures IM Chupa Chup. I dont have any pics of him at all, but he was brown and white with blue eyes

I would think about selling him, but I think im too far away from you to drive :(

19. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i'll email her and see whats up

20. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Poppy Patch has some beautiful animals - up in Washington but not too far up there. I was looking at Shannon's site today and her Jr. buck page said Old Mountain Farm Mirza may be for sale.