Looking for dog rabies vaccine

Discussion in 'Equipment For Sale' started by wrbowles, May 4, 2018.

1. wrbowles

wrbowles New Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Hi I live in texas and am looking for dog rabies vaccine as we have a goat ranch and don't want to have to take are dogs away from the goats go to the vet any help would be grateful

2. Audrey LeRoux

Audrey LeRoux Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Bigdweb.com
    Lots of horse racing equipment but they do have the standard rabies vaccine. Some states have shipping regulations so you may not be able to get it!

3. wrbowles

wrbowles New Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Thank you for the sites that is the problem I am running into is the shipping it to texas it is not fair that you cannot give your anmails the vaccines they need

4. lifesabtchlearn2deal

lifesabtchlearn2deal Active Member

Mar 26, 2018
    There are tractor supplies in texas. Try them. I think like atwoods here they sell them in bulk. Sets of ten. Mine come with syringes and tags for that year so I don't forget when I gave them. You have to either trash what wasn't used within a few hours or give all ten shots if you have ten animals that need them.

5. 15WildTurkey

15WildTurkey Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2015
    It’s illegal in a lot of states to rabies Vax yourself. You can do it but it won’t be recognized I think. Very annoying. I had my farm vet give my dog hers when she was out seeing the goats. My dog vets been harassing me to bring her in for her annual exam and while I know it’s important I just needed the shot without the $$$exam.

toth boer goats likes this.
  6. ISmellLikeGoats

ISmellLikeGoats Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2017
    They can't legally ship rabies vac's to any of these states according to Jeffers: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MD, ME, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OR, PR, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, WV, WY, Canada

My suggestion for the dogs is to take them to a low-cost clinic for their shots only. My vet does them for $17 per dog.
    So unless you know someone in OK or LA wherever you're closer to that will have them shipped to their house and mail them to you or you pick them up, you're kinda out of luck.

toth boer goats and BorderKelpie like this.
  7. Deborah Haney

Deborah Haney Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2017
    If you don't want to take your dogs from your goats you'd have to pay for a home visit. Or make friends with a vet. In many states (I would think Texas would be one, what with the bat population) it is required by law to have a veterinarian vaccinate your animals (usually dogs and cats, sometimes ferrets) to ensure that they get the proper dosage and their boosters. These laws are annoying, yes, but necessary for the health and safety of all animals and people in the community.

Maybe take your dogs and a couple goats in a trailer to keep the company if it's a long drive? I guess it depends on whether you're worried about your goats' safety or your dogs' emotional state.

TCOLVIN likes this.
  8. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Active Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Yup, in Texas we have to have a vet administer the rabies vaccine. I just round up critters and take them to Tractor Supply when the vet shows up to do the low cost clinics. Having it shipped in from OK or LA won't help you in event of a human bite/scratch situation. Even with the vet administered vaccine, you'll end up with quarantine issues should there be a problem.
    Technically, you can get in legal trouble if it is discovered your dogs are not vaccinated (by a vet)for rabies. Trust me, the<$20/dog is worth it to CYA.