looking for job/living arrangements/etc.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by ohiogoatgirl, Jul 26, 2010.

1. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    i am looking for a job on a farm.
    i can:
    ~throw bales
    ~feed animals
    ~milk cows and goats (by hand, never used a machine but i could learn)
    ~slaughter animals
    ~brain-tan hides (still learning a bit)
    ~cook (very good)
    ~garden
    ~till
    ~plant
    ~harvest
    ~gather eggs
    ~clean house
    ~landscape
    ~clean barns
    i'm a hard worker and i learn fast. i dont know how to use tractors or fancy riding mowers but i can push a mower or tiller. i can dig a garden by hand.
    i would prefer to stay around the area, within about 100 miles.
    i would prefer to live on-site (not sure how to word this). and i have two sannen does and a puppy (1/2 malamute husky, 1/4 beagle, 1/4 lab) she is currently 8 wks and house trained.
    PLEASE if you know someone looking within 100 miles of scio ohio (43988 zip code) who is looking for help, please message me! :help:

2. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    You sound like a handy girl to have around! I hope you have good luck finding a job! Maybe you can look up farms in and around you and go check with them and see if they need help, or know of anyone who does. Best to go there vs. phone calls, but if it's hard for you to travel, then you could call or email.

My husband works on farms --- horse farms in Central KY. The farms here do offer housing, but it can be hard to come by especially with the economy.
    Farms also offer housing allowance --- an amount of $$ towards your rent. My husband gets this through his job. The last job he had we lived on the farm for a year, very large double wide home 2 1/2 bath, 3 bedroom, sitting room, entertainment room, laundry room, large kitchen and dining room w/fireplace and chandeliers! It was gorgeous!
    No bills other than phone, satellite, insurance. We saved that $$ up so my husband could visit his family out of the country and also helped in buying our place!

I only have experience with horse farms, so I am really no help I guess...

3. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Darn, you sound perfect - will you come live with me and be one of my kids? Or second wife? :laugh:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Man... I wish you lived closer to us..... :hi5: good luck.... in your job seeking.... :thumb: :wink: :greengrin:

5. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Come live at my house! lol

6. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    pznivyfarm: wow... um, sorry but i'm not into the second wife thing ;) lol!
    i ask around but there really isnt anyone close... :( *tear*

7. PznIvyFarm

PznIvyFarm New Member

Jul 25, 2010
    That's okay, I don't share well anyway :laugh:

I always thought that was a cool idea though.................with multiple kids, housecleaning, cooking, etc, plus goats & chickens, plus gardening, plus almost constant renovating/repairs, I could use an extra helper. I'm getting to the point where i hate to cook dinner, b/c 1. I get whining about that's not what they like (even though they've eaten it a million times before, and 2. the cleanup, which DH usually takes care of, except that lately he's been working late, doesn't get home until long after dinner, and by then I felt guilty and cleaned it up myself. But I wouldn't want to share DH, so I guess i'd have to skip the second wife.

8. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    on the bright side, if you had a second wife that would mean double PMS, double children (depending), double garden work, double house work, double grocery bill, double $ for school shopping, two anniversaries to remember,....
    how do the mormons do it?!?!?!?
    lol! ;)