The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right place to post! My mom and I are looking for a handful of pullets to replace our flock. They have gotten old and are not producing anymore, sadly. The chickens will be living on their own little pasture, with fresh air, sunshine, and green grass to graze. They will be dewormed weekly with Fir Meadow's herbal dewormer, and have fresh water, good grain, and oyster shells available.

If anyone has pullets within about an hour of Tabernacle, NJ, I would be very interested. I prefer to buy from a backyard breeder, as apposed to ordering the chicks.

Thank you. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
http://www.halfachancefarm.weebly.com
I may have some pearl-white leghorns available. they are laying. I am going to have to check with the rest of the family to see if they are available because they are our only layers right now until later on this year. haha

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We weren't told what breeds our first chickens were, but they were black and laid blue and green eggs. Loved the heck out of those chickens, they were good hens.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The age of the leghorns are young, they just started laying a week or two ago. I have about 3 of them, 1 red star, and 1 white rock. All same age and laying.
They would be $15.00/ea. or $65.00 for all.

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Half a Chance -- we are looking for about 6 or 8 chickens, do you have any more for sale? I'd like to get them from the same place if possible, so we don't have anyone getting picked on.

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to bump this. I'm looking for pullets in the near future, if anyone has 6 to 8 chickens available, any breed will be considered. Even if you have bought from a place and would recommend them. :)

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, rhodalee! I'd prefer to buy from a small hobby breeder, but I may order if I don't find a good one. :)

·
Super Moderator
59,286 Posts
Meyer Hatchery also does small orders and you can order any amount of a breed. So you could get 6 different types of chicks if you wanted. I know you are looking at local breeders first.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Hey Danielle , a friend of ours might have some available.
I know he has Buffs and other good layer breeds if your interested.
Id be willing to meet ya part of the way if you like :) Or we can send them to you , thats easy enough too :p

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Laura, I'd be very interested to have your friend's info, if you could send it to me! We'll probably just drive over to pick up, depending on the distance. Does he text, or should we call?

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I'll talk to Bob tomorrow and get more info for you :)
I know he incubates alot and has so many chickens . We usually give him some of our eggs to incubate for his own , so Im sure he can spare a dozen or so for you if he has them available ;)
I still have Jerry if your interested in him , then you can always eat
him , lolol

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahaha! No rooster needed, I'm afraid. ;) We already have the goats to wake us up!

Thank you so much, Laura! I'm especially interested in australorps and road island reds, but really any of the hardier breeds would be great. I'd like a good producer but it doesn't have to be an over-producing breed.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Ok , I will see what he has and get back to you tomorrow :)
We have Red Comets and they are really great producers , and early ones I might add.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts