The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi!
I did have a white rock laying hen available too, but a something attacked our chickens :( I am down to just 2 leghorns and 1 white rock. He mostly got my roosters, but a few hens. Would you still be interested? I can give you a few phone numbers with local people around here if you would like.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Half a chance, I'm going to see if I can get 6 or 8 from the same place first, but if I can't pull that off then I may come back to you. :) I'm so sorry to hear something got to your chickens! :(

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
We weren't told what breeds our first chickens were, but they were black and laid blue and green eggs. Loved the heck out of those chickens, they were good hens.
Hmmm... off of the top of my head I think they might be black stars or black sex links.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Half a chance, I'm going to see if I can get 6 or 8 from the same place first, but if I can't pull that off then I may come back to you. :) I'm so sorry to hear something got to your chickens! :(
Okay, I understand. We are thinking its a bear. It just got one of my roosters again last night. Urgh...Hopefully we can stop him from getting anymore by putting up electric fencing, because bears can get into practically anything with their giant paws and strength.
All last night we were chasing something through the woods and found a pile of feathers. Well, hopefully you will find some chickens soon. Haha Good Luck! :D

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
We had a hawk take two of our chickens a few years ago, it was pretty terrible.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hi Threehavens!
I just wanted to let you know I sold the rest of them because we were going on vacation. Going on vacation again and my petsitter is VERY happy I sold some of the animals before we left, haha.

·
11,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No problem, half a chance, we're still looking but it was put on hold with the crazy wedding planning, haha!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts