The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've been trying for months to find a Pyrenees puppy (or Anatolian or Tatra) available here in New England. Many breeders straight up haven't emailed me back, and the one who did isn't planning any litters this year. I finally decided to buy a puppy off Craigslist, sent the person a deposit last week, and then she refunded it last night with no explanation, so it looks like my search is starting over. We have an encroaching coyote problem and really need a dog. Does anyone expect to have Pyr puppies available anywhere in the greater New England area (VT, ME, MA, NH, CT, RI, NY) or know someone who will have them available? We will drive as far as NYC or farther if we have to.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, of course. I know they can't perform their jobs for upwards of a year and a half. However our vet says even having a puppy/puppy smells around can serve as a deterrent.

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you're still looking I know there is a FB group called New England LGD, not sure if you're on that, but it may give you some leads! I have a 9 month old maremma who I got from PA, but she was 8 hours away. She is absolutely wonderful.
I'm not sure if you would be interested in a maremma, but I know I saw a post of someone that had a litter of them here in CT. I do see GP on that group from time to time as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts