Looking for Ring Bling

Discussion in '4H/FFA Corner' started by Junebug1994, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Junebug1994

Junebug1994 New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    NorthEast Kansas
    Hello Goat Spot(ers) -

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and enjoyed some time with your families. I am looking for a custom goat show chain. I hosted a goat clinic and a few of my atendees had lovely leather show chains that had the blingy rhinestones and leather stamping in the handle of the chain. I have searched the Internet repeatedly and cannot find anywhere where someone makes or manufactures any type of show chain besides the classic -
    [​IMG]

I'm just looking for anyone who makes custom or personalized show chains! Any help or suggestions on where to find something like this would be appreciated!

Thank You,
    Julia Wade
    Western Kansas

2. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    I have recently started leather working, so if its rhinestones on the leather part would be easy for you to make on your own. If you buy one that has a flat piece of leather then go to tandys leather supply you can buy rhinestone rivits and do it your self. They are kinda spendy and If it will not be used to often can even go to hotfixqueen.com But the problem with hot fix is on leather dont last as long, but way cheaper. And if you dont want to do it your self could prob work something out and I could make them, I LOVE leather working!! (and rhinestones :))

3. Junebug1994

Junebug1994 New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    NorthEast Kansas
    4theloveofgoats - thank you so much! That's exactly what I was looking for. They're hard to find online.

Jessica - I was thinking about that myself. They'd be really easy to make a probably a good money maker:)

Thank you all:)

- Julia

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad you found it.... :greengrin: :thumb:

5. icboers

icboers New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge,TX
    I make the "bling show leads". Mine are $25 and they ship in the small flat rate box for $5.20.

I can make them shorter or longer depending on your needs. I can't get the pics to load so here is a link to my website. http://indiancreekboer.com/id12.html

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I saw these last summer. I would like to get a couple next year for my girls to use :)

7. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I got mine @ Jeffers :thumbup:

8. VincekFarm

VincekFarm Senior Member

So these "ring bling" chains, they're permitted right? Are they commonly used? Do judges care whether you have these kinds or show chains? Just wonderring. :D

9. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Hmmm. I love the bling, but in our 4-H circuits in Maine they discourage any flashy extras. We were told that the idea was to have a very thin and/or a very simple lead collar so that the focus is on the goat and the collar is almost unnoticeable. I'd almost be afraid to have my girls use shiny ones in the ring...

10. Junebug1994

Junebug1994 New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    NorthEast Kansas
    I know that in my experience - the Midwest is refered the The Boer goat belt. Looking at Oklahoma and Kansas I've always seen the bling. It's definitely encouraged here. Anything to stand out in showmanship and catch the judge's eye is a good thing. The blinged out belts, flashy show shirts and jeweled chains are very common. :) It's one of my favorite parts of showing.

11. J.O.Y. Farm

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    We show dairy goats and I was wondering if these were O.K. to use @ 4-H fairs? I know I can @ other shows but not sure if I can @ 4-H shows....

12. brbn

brbn New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I would check with your local 4-H and see if they have rules on this. Some judges may not like it and count off when it comes to the Dairy showmanship score card for your appearance if you have the bling belt on. We had a kid who had a bling belt on and got 2nd and the judge said she would have been first but she was too conspicuous!!! :GAAH
    Anna

13. J.O.Y. Farm

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    ok thanks! :thumbup:

14. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I was going to get my girls the ring bling, but decided against it, figuring it could count against them. Which is a shame, I think as long as they don't go 'crazy' with it, and it's classy, why not let them look nice? But then as much wear as they put on their show collars last year, I can't imagine what a bling collar would endure LOL

15. Junebug1994

Junebug1994 New Member

Nov 5, 2011
    NorthEast Kansas
    Very true about the wear and tear part. This bling chain will just be used for shows, not for training.. and it will depend upon the judge. You can usually get a vibe for what the judge likes and does not like.