Looking for...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by mystic's_mom, Dec 26, 2008.

1. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    A little...well, alot of help, really!

Here's the scoop. In a month or two, my husband and I may have to leave MN, for UT, due to the economy putting me pretty much out of work, and hubby hasn't been able to find work since August when he was layed off his job. We may wind up facing eviction from our apartment if we can't make rent.

Well, we have some friends in Utah who have offered to take us, AND all of our four legged children in, so we can focus on getting back on our feet, without rent taking such a big chunk out of our pockets. We are looking into that possibility quite seriously, as, if we know we won't be able to make our February rent, we'd rather move, than have to forfeit our deposit, or get evicted. (the deposit would help us move)

Our problem? I have no way to haul my horse, or goats out there...well, okay, the goats could haul in the back of my Explorer, but the horse can't! We don't have a trailer, nor do we have money to buy one...and the horse market is horrible right now, so I know I wouldn't be able to sell my horse, especially in the time frame I would need to...not that I'd want to anyway; I'd rather ride him out there than sell him, because he is a once in a lifetime horse. Another catch, is that my Explorer would need some work, before I would deem it ready to pull a trailer; it's mostly 'minor' work, but it still takes $, which we do not have extras of right now!

What I am looking for is either someone who has a lightweight\small two horse trailer they would be willing to part with super cheap, or even free, OR a 'caravan' or "Network" of sort, to shuttle my horse from MN, to Utah... I know there are horse crazy folks on here, and if you could afford a few miles, or 50, or a 100, I would be so grateful...Once out there, my boy would have a place to stay...it's just getting him there that is the major 'hitch'. If I can find a horse trailer, a U-Haul (or the like) should be able to pull it I think? I'll have to check into their regulations, or start figuring out a way to mend the Explorer!

Please, please, please, if you are willing to help, pm me for my e-mail addy so we can talk!!!

I'll try to keep this bumped up so everyone can see it.

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    The only thing I can think of is trying Craigslist? I know, obviously not 100% safe but I've heard of success through doing that.. We don't own a trailer, and we're not planning on going to Utah.. wish I could be of more help..

3. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Can you rent one? I don't think they are too expensive.

4. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    I'm not too certain my vehicle would tow a trailer that far...and you have to have a trailer brake installed to rent from most rental places...

I may try to free lease him, until I can come back and get him in the early spring\summer time, but that might be hard to do in such a short time too; I may just leave him where he is at...they love him anyway, so I would just have to come up with board until I can come back and get him.

5. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    uship.com
    i used it and loved it
    it's kinda an auction
    ppl bid on your shipment
    and you can place a time frame

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I agree with HeavenlyHaven. I used it to get my doe Lyrae over here and it was pretty easy. :wink: Good luck!