Looks Like I am Back in the Goat Business- PICS!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Jan 8, 2009.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I sent out email updates last night to all of my Waiting List members to let them know of our farm progress, my plans to rebuild this Spring, and also to find who wanted to remain on the Waiting List. It all of my replies I was very shocked by one of them... A man on my Waiting List that I sold a goat to last summer sent me a reply saying that he had been meaning to contact me. A little History:

Long story short... He purchased a Doeling from me last summer, but I didn't have another available to sell with her. I told him he needed a companion for her, and he said he would get one. She was born 4/18/2008.

Now for the present day... In this email he tells me how he didn't get a companion for her and that he feels she is lonely, so he wants to know if I want her back and that he will give her to me. He says she is very healthy and looks wonderful. So I agreed to take her back. He is supposed to be sending me up-to-date pics of her. I will be meeting him close to here to pick her up on the 22nd. I just couldn't stand to see her go to someone else, or to auction or something. She is an unregistered Nigerian, Sundgau in color with wattles and frosting on her nose and ears. Her Dam was my favorite Doe out of my previous herd and she looks identical to her except for the frosting, wattles, and her Dam had Blue-Eyes (the Doeling doesn't). This isn't the way I had planned to start my new herd, but I am very happy to be getting her back! I will be keeping her in a 20'X20' stall in my barn until we get the fencing finished. My Father has a chainlink dog kennel that I am thinking about borrowing so I can let her outside on the warm days. I am also going to look for another goat to get as a companion for her (I DON'T like keeping a goat by itself! They are herd animals.).

Anyways, I just wanted to let everyone know that it looks like Hollowbead Ranch is back in business (quicker than I had planned... but it is ok :wink: ). Here are some pics I have of her when she was 5 days old. I will post the up-to-date pics he sends me as soon as I get them. What do you think of her?? :greengrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well at least he told you and gave her to you. Sounds like he does care.

And I think she's GORGEOUS!

Edit: By the way I guess I missed the thread on what's going on with your rebuilding? I didn't even know about it. :oops:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh that is just great! She is a beautiful girl! You must be so excited to be getting her back!

4. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Crissa- LOL! It is ok... I think I may have posted about it in Julie's old forum when I was a Mod on it. The whole thing is a really long story... and a little painful for me so I won't go into all the details, but to make it short I had no choice but to sell out and was given a month to do it in (this happened the end of August 2008 and I had till the beginning of October 2008 to have them out). So Hubby and I have bought fencing to put up here at our place (it is fenced for horses but not for goats), and hope to get a couple of pastures done within the next two months. Then I will start rebuilding :greengrin: or well technically I guess I have already started LOL!

And yes, he has always been a really nice guy and I am sure he cares about Bo Peep (that's her name... haven't decided if I want to change it or not). And thank you! I always liked her as well :wink:

KW Farms- Thank you! And yes, I am truely excited to see how she has grown!! This was totally out of the blue and caught me COMPLETELY off guard, but I am really happy to be getting a Doeling back from Vicki (her Dam)!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she is beautiful......... :)

6. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
  7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Wow, I'm so sorry! I was afraid I was going to have to do that when they removed the grandfather clause from our town. (luckily I had someone who told me they would love it if I put my goats at their place) I'm glad you're going to start back up again! If I was closer I would help you put up fencing! (I like putting fencing up for some reason, lol)

I KNEW that doeling looked familiar! I remember Vicki she was one of my favorites of your does! lol

9. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    She is very nice looking!!
    Love that little sassy body!

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    LOL! Thank you! Yes, Vicki was one of my favs! And she always produced PLENTY of milk! So I am hoping her daughter got that trait from her :greengrin:

11. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    LOL! Thank you Victoria! Yes, something about my Doelings in that line... they all had TONS of sass!! Here is a pic of a Doeling I had out of Vicki's sister Niki:

[​IMG]

Tell me that doesn't just SCREAM "A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E" LOL!

12. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    She is just beautiful. BoPeep... now that's a name, I love it :greengrin:

13. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    LOL! Thank you! I went through a whole animated names theme... I had a BoPeep, Ariel, Jasmine, Strawberry, Shortcake, Peppermint, Patty, Faline, and many many more :greengrin:

14. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    What a beautiful new start. :love:

15. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
  16. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    She's a beauty! Good luck and Congrats!

17. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you!!! :greengrin: I wasn't able to sleep last night.... ugh! I better get some sleep tonight! :coffee2:

18. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Wow - not only are you getting her for free but you know her background so you KNOW you're getting a great deal! :) She is too cute.. can't wait to see pictures of her now.

Congrats on getting your farm back in business.

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    She is very pretty! I love that color! :)

20. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you both very much! Yes, that color pattern and Buckskins are my two fav colors for the Nigerians! I am hoping to get a moonspotted Buck this Spring, so when he is old enough I will be breeding him to her :greengrin: