The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buck has a scur that is very loose and is now starting to lean to one side. I hear they can bleed a lot when they fall off. My concern is that this could happen when we are not home. How do we treat the bleeding. Blue coat? All suggestions all welcome.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had 2 goats lost their scurs while i was trying to trim them...I used bloodshot followed by blur coat....the buck bled like crazy for about 10 minutes...he was restrained and not happy so I turned him loose hoping he would calm down...which he did immediately and after he calmed down the bleeding let up and he was fine the next day....I put a doe in a stand to trim her scurvy and it popped off with virtually no blood..she was being fed treats and didn't even seem to care...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
One of my does lost a scur just the other day and before that my buck had lost one too. It's no big deal. it happens sometimes. Just put some blood stop powder on it and it'll work itself out :)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
How big? I usually snip mine off with hoof trimmers. If it is large you may need a wire saw and some bloodstop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts