The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 month old wether kid who has a cold, so the vet gave an injection of antibiotics, (Nuflur or something like that...) And also gave me 3 days of Banamine worth. His temp is normal. some coughing and runny nose. Anyway, he started having runny poop today. Is that from all the antibiotics? Should I give him some probiotics?

·
Registered
31,496 Posts
I agree with Di as well, he is prime for cocci.....also I would not give Banamine without a fever being present...One shot of Nuflor will not cut it either.... 3 days with nuflor is needed at a min, 5 days with most other antibiotics..If he never had fever i would suspect allergies over Pnuemonia...

·
Super Moderator
59,784 Posts
Did the vet want you to give the Banamine or just in case? He/she may have wanted it given for any inflammation in the lungs or something.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The vet gave banamine as a preventative thing. I have him probiotics and some Gatorade this morning. How much pepto do I give a 3 month old ND?

·
Registered
31,496 Posts
for pepto give 3-4 cc once a day..

use fresh poo when you have a fecal done ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fighting cocci in my 3 month buck right now. Giving some pepto also. He is seeming to be fighting it good but wooooo on his dirty butt

·
Registered
31,496 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts