loosing ligs to early...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Deena, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Baby was bred oct 25 shes a ff she started loosing her ligs in jan now I cant find them at all shes is making a nice little bag.On jan 23 her vulva was swollen and really red but it went down. I was afraid she was going to abort but she hasnt How common is it that they loose there ligs early?Shes not to big Im guessing she will have a single like her mom did.Shes 47 days away from kidding.

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :GAAH: I had one like that last year...she should be fine. Are you sure on the date? Could she have an earlier date? It's part of the "Does Code"...have fun!

3. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Well she showed all signs of being in heat and she stood for the buck on oct 25 she went hunchy backed so Im pretty sure..I keep checking for ligs but there not there.Even the area under her tail seems sunk in.Do I have the only goat on the planet that hasn't read the kidding manuel :hair:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well she has a few options

she was bred previous to October 25th
    she is going early
    she is just going to wait with no ligs till her due date of March 24th

:shrug:

5. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Stacey Ive been beating my head against the wall thinking maybe their there and I'm just not finding them Ive even watched your video several times to try to be sure.I'm praying she wasn't bred earlier if she had been why would she stand for the buck?and show signs of a raging heat when I took her to the buck? I know her mom didn't show any good signs of kidding she just walked across the pasture and spit baby out while walking...

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my thats quite a interesting way to kid! :shocked:

as to her standing for the buck -- it doesnt happen often but they sometimes do even when pregnant.

I wish I could give you more concrete for what is going on but I do rememeber that RunAround's doe Dawn last year lost her ligs a month I do believe it was before kidding. So it can happen --- but of course she is further then a month from kidding :shrug:

And no your doe is not the only one to not read the Kidding Manuel :ROFL:

7. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Oh well at least baby feels good she just wants to play with me.

8. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Re: loosing ligs to early...update

Well now her top line is dropping off and still no ligs.She is starting to walk funny not quiet posty but loose...Can she hold out until march24? Her udder is a bit bigger but not really filled out..

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds very strange. But I guess it is a waiting game. :sigh:

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I would watch her close, but don't sweat it yet. As Stacey was saying, Dawn pretty much lost her ligs a month before kidding. Her udder filled up about halfway and she had discharge. But she waited until that second due date. Crazy goat.

11. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I'm having the same problem, when I originally saw this I was glad to see I wasn't the only one. I was thinking my doe was due Mar. 6, so I thought maybe we'd be ok. But I was looking yesterday and realized I had her mixed up with another one and she's not due til April 1st.

I've considered she may have been bred early, but if she was it was most likely to the wrong buck (I have one that occationally manages to get where he don't belong), but I generally keep good records anytime someone is out of place, but I have nothing that would make it possible. I'll probably be gray headed by the time it's over, but I hope she holds off!

12. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Haviris I'm glad I'm not alone even if its not the best place to be in..
    Baby has started stretching and putting her feet on everything.

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If you don't think she was bred earlier, go with the original due date, she only has about 5 weeks to go so this being her firt time she's just getting things in gear early enough to have you bald. It's easier said than done, but try not to stress too much, until you see a "problem" this early, such as bloody discharge, she'll be fine :hug:

14. Deena

Deena New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thanks liz I'm pretty sure she will hold out but boy she likes getting ready early all but her bag.

15. Graffogefarms

Graffogefarms New Member

Oct 11, 2007
    ireland
    I have a couple of them who are hard to predict, they mucous for a month, the ligs come and go, and it's just a matter of watching. I find do find that their udders firm up most of the time though. Daisy has a big udder, but her ligs come and go, and sometimes I think she has dropped then again - nothing. She might kid this week.Tia's ligs went but she dropped her stomach and her udder firmed. Aine our nubian who'se babies :girl: :boy: I have under the heat lamp didn't show any sign of dropping her stomach or ligs, but her udder tightened really full. Chocolate kidded a gigantic doe :girl: yesterday and her udder totally filled up huge the day before. So all I can say is keep checking the udder feel it, and follow your gut.

16. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Well looks like my Chaney was bred earlier then I thought, and looks like it was to the right buck to! I knew there was no way she'd make it til April, yesterday I told my mom I was officially on kid watch, guess I was right!

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    saw the pics Haviris -- thats great about the daddy.