The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had goats for 7 years with out much issue. It's been nice. But I have a ND that I'm not sure what to do with. She started rubbing her nose and ears about a month ago. The hair if mostly gone off the bridge of her nose and half of her ears. No scabs, no lice, no crustiness, not really red and inflamed either. After reading several things on websites and forums, I decided to give Nu-Stock a go. After second application, I started to notice a little fuzzy coming back on her nose. Fast forward two weeks, I noticed her legs are missing half the hair now. She's in with two other goats and she is the only one having any issues. Any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at zinc deficiency. Look at copper deficiency. Possible mites.
I had questioned zinc, but not enough seems to add up. I was told copper wouldn't be an issue since I free choice kelp and loose minerals. But, per you suggestion, I looked more at copper and I'm thinking this would be the issue with the fish tail and dual coat. I hadn't noticed the fish tail before and probably wouldn't have picked up on it until I read more. I acquired this doe about 7 months ago and her tail always looked like that. Thank you for your input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts