Loss of 2 nigerian dwarf's

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by snowandbell, Mar 17, 2009.

1. snowandbell

snowandbell New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Downingtown, PA
    3 Weeks ago here in pa we lost our beloved pet nigerian dwarf's to a coyote! Any one have a great breeder they can recommend. Either to travel to or ship.
    Also, we never milked the girls can any one tell when and how you can.
    snowandbell's owner

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww I'm so sorry! :hug:

Welcome, exactly where in PA are you? This worries me ALOT.....I haven't heard any around in awhile but that does not mean they are not here.

You can email me with your location if you want to....I do know of a few ND breeders locally. I have one reg doeling just born so I wouldn't be able to offer her for quite a few weeks.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    First off welcome.... :wave:

I am sorry for your loss....how devastating.. :( :hug:

I am not sure on the milking part ..I have boers and don't milk them....hopefully some one else can help with that question... :wink:

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: That is so hard.

5. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Where are you I am also in PA and yes we have coyotes around our new farm. But our goats are kept in a barn and amoung the other animals. We have had no problems with them here even though I have seen tracks in the snow.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Idaho :wave:

I am so sorry about your goaties. :hug:

There are a few breeders in that area. We have an area here that is the breeder listing and you might be able to find a few more breeders listed there also :thumb:

7. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Sorry to hear about the nigi's. :hug: I'm in WV, and coyotes are very common! We have been lucky so far, and not had any trouble with them, although we have seen them in the woods and field on the farm. I have a 2 week old buckling for sale, between me and Liz, we could hook you up with a boy/girl pair. You couldn't milk until your doe was bred and freshened, which would probably be next spring at the earliest (if you got weanlings now). Let me know if I can help. Good luck!

8. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!! My hubby and I were laying in bed night before last and all the sudden I could hear the yipping....new coyote pups. Great....luckily we have not had any on our side of the road, but there is a big field in front of us with a creek running behind it, and I know they live beyond that.

The weird thing was how quiet it was...the LGD's were not even barking. It was like they were saying..."OH NO...NEW PUPS"..too...:sigh:

I just hope they continue to stay on that side of the road and off our area. Hopefully our 3 LGD's won't have to deal with them.

Susan

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am in NJ - what part of PA are you in?

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I'm sorry for your loss. That would have been awful and so hard to deal with. I hope you can find some new goats soon.

I do want to welcome you to TGS!

11. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    So sorry for your loss. We are in PA also and are currently keeping our eyes and ears on the goats. There are at least two coyotes that have been seen close by. One of them right in the nieghbors yard! :shocked:

12. snowandbell

snowandbell New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Downingtown, PA
    Thank you soooooooo much for all of your wonderful responses. :)
    We are located in Downingtown Pa 1 hour West of Philadelphia about 20 mins before Lancaster.
    We live approx 1 mile from Marsh Creek State Park perhaps the coyotes bed down there and get restless. One would like there is enough prey there! On the search
    for some new babies!

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do know that there are quite a few nigi breeders in your neck of the woods! As Stacey mentioned, she's "just over the border" to your east and couple more members are west of you toward Harrisburg area.....I do know of one, Candy, that will have kids coming the end of April :wink:

Again, I am so sorry for your loss, that had to be heartbreaking to find your babies that way :hug:

14. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss from the coyote. I too lost a Nigerian kid last season to a coyote. :(

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not, but I happen to have 2 Reg. Nigerian Dwarf doelings (sisters) still available. They are not flashy as they are both black & white in color, but they are very correct does and from very nice dairy bloodlines. They should make fine milkers theirself someday.
    I live in SC but thought I would let you know since we make our annual Spring trip to PA every May, so transport could be possible.

I am asking $325 each or $600 (if they go together). :wink:
    Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Tina

15. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I am so sorry for your loss!! We have coyotes pretty bad here as well.. We just make sure to lock the girls up each night and have yet to have an issue...
    Good luck finding your new babies!

Jennah

16. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am in South Jersey 45 min from Philly and breed Nigerian Dwarfs as well as know of people who breed in our area.

Tina those doelings are beautiful! Oh if I had unlimited resources and space

17. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am sorry for your loss. We share this big ol' world with many creatures, it is sad when we lose a friend to a wild one. It sounds like you have lots of prospects for a few friend. I am considering getting a llama as a guardian animal. I have lost a lot of chickens, no goats yet.

18. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Sorry for your loss.

Welcome to this wonderful group of members-as you can see from the help. Good luck with the search.

19. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Sorry for your loss. Hubby saw a coyote here a couple months ago, but we have mini-horses who are canine agressive, we think it helps, but who knows?

You are not far from me I'm just outside Middletown (between E-town and Middletown), I have a couple does for sale. :hug: