lost kid, birth later?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by linnysoo, Feb 11, 2010.

1. linnysoo

linnysoo Guest

Feb 7, 2010
    Betty, one of my ladies might have lost a kid about a month ago, we didn't know she was pregnant and never found the baby or the birthing stuff. She was all "messy" when we went out to feed. The other day we found a kid that didn't make it and she was messy again. Is it possible that she lost one before and then had the other a month later? We've been keeping a close eye on her, she isn't in bad shape but I'm just worried about her. She showed no sign of kidding at all, didn't get a bag, or get big, nothing. Please help.

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    It almost sounds like the first kid was possibly aborted. Was it fully developed or no?
    And #2, what did that one look like?
    She may have eaten the afterbirth.
    How does her rear end smell? If its rank she should see the vet to get cleaned out.

3. linnysoo

linnysoo Guest

Feb 7, 2010
    she doesn't smell bad at all. Kid #2 looked like it was full term. I think that because we didn't know she was pregnant when she had the baby it just got too cold. It had snowed a day or so before we found the baby. Keeping a closer eye on the rest of the ladies.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH that is hard.

Just spoil mom a bit. Is she acting ok? Yes I have heard of them aborting one and having another later, so that could very well of been what happened.