Lost my first baby...

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by 4hmama, Dec 7, 2009.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    We lost our first baby, on the farm today. We have been really lucky thus far, but today our luck ran out. My 9 year old went out to check on the week old goats, and couldn't find one of our triplets. She finally uncovered her in the stall, but she was dead. She was fine this morning, but I'm guessing that the babies were snuggling under the hay, and mama unknowingly, laid on her. It's bad enough that she died, but my daughter found her and called me hysterical. Her dad was here, but she was beside herself. She didn't know why a baby had to die. I have told her, in the past, that heaven would be a boring place if it was all old people...I told her this evening that the fields in heaven would be boring if it was all old goats in the pasture - there needed to be a few babies bouncing around. I know that may not make sense, but it seemed to help a little.

I wish I could have done something...if nothing else - I wish I could have found her and spared my daughter. We didn't even have a name for the baby...so I guess all I can say is RIP little doeling. Sorry for rambling, just had to unload.

2. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    I am so sorry hun. I have a 9yr old girl also and I know how upset she would be. My heart goes out to both of you. RIP little one.

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so sorry :hug:
    Your choice of words to help console your little girl was so touching, if it were me in your tragic situation, I would have said the same :hug:

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    :hug: we all lose some babies.. but your right.. they're has to be some spunky young kids in heaven

5. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    What a wonderful way to explain the loss...I would like to never have to explain it to my young daughter, but in life, death is inevitable. Your daughter is blessed to have you, and now Heaven is blessed to have a new doeling! :hug:

6. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww I'm sorry you lost her. :hug: good way of explaining too. :sigh:

7. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I am sorry that you lost your doeling and that your daughter had to find her. :(

I am a firm believer that "us" that have animals teach our kids that not everthing in life is always rosy. Things die - things get sick - I really think that this helps our kids to cope with life.

I have a 9 year old and she would be upset too to find a little baby dead. So sorry.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is very sad... that your daughter had to find her... :( ...you didn't know...so don't blame yourself.... I am so sorry for the loss...one thing ...you can say to your beautiful daughter is.....with death ...there is life....... and another baby is born...... :hug:

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a baby. But If i was to guess. I would say that yep mom laid on her.

Hugs to your daughter.

10. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Thanks everyone, for your kind words. :hug: Catie is doing better this morning, but it comes in waves with her. On the upside - I let all the babies outside for the first time and our field is 'bouncing' just like the one in heaven!
    :thumbup: Ahhh, the circle of life....

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your very welcome....it's because we do care.... :hug:

Playing with the new babies... will be good for your daughter...... it is so fun watching all the babies playing....they are a blessing ... that is for sure..... :hug:

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am sorry to hear that! (((((HUGS)))) :grouphug: