The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is a bad day.

Herman, our 1 year old kitty has been scheduled for surgery after Easter because he had a burst abscess on his back, where his skin around it necrotized and fell off, taking it from a tiny hole to a 1 inch x 2 inch hole where you can see muscle... We thought it was just a small hole and were treating it with antiseptic until suddenly today he walks up with this gaping hole on his back.
Our vet can't fit him in for surgery before the 24th, so he gave us antibiotics, and told us to keep it clean.

And then there's Fred.
Fred was the son of my cat Angel that I had when I was 16, she had Fred 6 months before I had my daughter. Fred turned 17 this month. He was the sweetest most cuddly old cat, the second you'd touch him, he'd start purring loudly.
He was always a bit grumpy towards other cats, but loved every human he ever met.
He'd been going down hill for a while, having periods where he'd have seizures, or periods where he wouldn't eat much, but would always kind of bounce back.
Well, a few days ago his stomach started getting bigger, and today it was big and bulbous and it was obvious that his digestive system had finally given out on him. Still he was happy and wanted all the pets and was purring and cuddly even on the way to the vet.
The vet agreed that he'd had a nice long life, and that it was an appropriate time to say goodbye.
He purred all the way to sleep.
And now I'm hiding away from everyone so they don't see me cry like a baby because he was what got me through the hardest times of being pregnant at 16 and hiding it from everyone in fear of the consequences.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I am so sorry.

Reactions: Lindan
1 - 9 of 9 Posts