Lotion recipe???

Discussion in 'Crafty Cabin' started by Victoria, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Lookin for a simple and good keeping lotion recipe.
    I use to have one that called for Borax, but it is AWOL.
    Thanks so much!!

2. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I have a really wonderful lotion I make with orange and cocoa butter, but it has preservative in it. I tried goat milk lotion and gave up on that, it takes too much to keep it from spoiling. If you would like the recipe I will post it.

Jan

3. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
  4. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Okay, here it is:

Orange butter lotion

18 gms stearic acid
    18 gms emulsifying wax
    10 gms anhydrous lanolin
    12 gms regular cocoa butter
    12 gms orange butter
    30 gms sweet almond oil
    30 gms apricot oil
    450 grams distilled water
    6 gms Germaben II (preservative)

Heat the water until it is around 170 degrees F.

melt first 7 ingredients in a big glass container in the microwave until everything is melted.

Add the water to the oil and wax ingredients, stir, and then mix with a stick blender until the temperature is under 140 degrees F.

Add the Germaben II and mix thoroughly.

Keep stirring in pulses with the stick blender until the lotion starts to thicken a little. Pour into bottles and let cool. This makes not quite 20 ounces of lotion. I put it in 5 4 ounce bottles and one is not quite full.

I got all the ingredients for this lotion here: http://www.thesage.com/catalog/index.html. The orange butter is heavenly, and the cocoa butter needs to be the regular one that smells like chocolate. It is so wonderful it needs no scents added, it smells like heaven and is light and doesn't last forever. I am a newby at this, but this lotion has gotten raves from all my friends. It is the best. Plus it keeps your hands nice. There are some nice instructions on this page too.

Jan

5. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Woo hoo!!
    Thanks!! Can't wait to try it!!