The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well spring 2013 closed up with the only show we made it to and a GCH Jr doe in ring 1 of 2 - and wonderful placings on the girls. We started breeding a few for fall/winter kids and had some changea on the farm this summer.

We have added 2 California rabbits, 8 guineas, 3 gold sex links, a banty, and a rooster ...... oh and my 2 beautiful horses .... a 22 year old import german warmblood to piddle around the farm with and a 6 year old tb or appendix to long distance trail ride with ;-) we also added mini manchas this spring ..... do you see a pattern coming here .... yep trying to go self sufficient again!!!

The other big news (for those that have known me for a few years) my husband and I have lost a good bit of weight over the last few months..... my husband 45 as of last month and 30 for me!!! This is huge - especially for hubs - as he is diabetic. After 4 months he lost 45 pounds and his A1C went from 9.3 the previous quarter to 6.1 ... the dr's thought the blood test was wrong!!!! He is diabetic - took himself off insulin, quit 2 of his three oral meds and is down to one diabetic pill of the last medication (instead of 4) twice a day. If he can get off that last pill and maintain a 6.0 A1C for 3 or 4 consecutive tests he will no longer be labeled "diabetic! I am over joyed with his success!!!!!

We also entered the Brazos fair in a couple weeks and hubs is actually going in the ring ... cant believe it!!!!

Hair Glasses Horse Sunglasses Vision care

Face Horse Sky Halter Working animal

Clothing Smile Outerwear Shirt Photograph

Clothing Jeans Smile Photograph Shoulder

Water Sky Smile Cloud Dog

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.