Lots of Bird Droppings on Feed Bags, Reurn them?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nancy d, Mar 14, 2010.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Most of the bags I got the other day have lotsof bird droppings on them, it really fries me I havent even unloaded.Would you return them?

2. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Well, the bird poop isn't in the bags. But if you think about bird poop, it also has their urine in it and that could have soaked through the bags. I would return them and see what they say about it.

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I get them like that sometimes. I don't worry about it too much because the bags have plastic between the layers. If it bothers you then take it back and asked for some without poop.

4. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK
    I say return them. I work for a feed store. I would be embarrassed to sell someone something with feces on it...bird or mouse. Would someone buying something in any other store be ok with animal feces on their purchase?

5. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Good point Bleatinghearts!
    These were really bad. Must remember to ALWAYS check when they're loading.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I would return them.. as well .......that is a really bad way to do business....unethical .... :hug:

7. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Thanks everyone!
    This means a 14mi round trip plus I have to unload cause have to make hay run today. We never buy hay there cause of the birds.
    There's one bag that's so thin in places it looks like it would break if I touched it.

8. luvbug*diapers

luvbug*diapers New Member

Feb 22, 2010
    sunny california
    yuck id return them.
    also there is bad things humans can get from bird droppings along with other animals.
    our cat got crytococcous from bird droppings-yucky disease and she will always have it.
    renee

9. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Exchange went fine, one guy apologized. Put in a request to my regular feed store if they could carry it.
    Otherwise its an even longer trip to get it 50 cents cheaper; not worth the gas or time.