LOVE Freewebs!!! LOL! - pics added!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, May 14, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have decided to sell my little colt that was born almost 1 month ago, so I put him up for sale on craigslist so that if someone local wanted him, they could purchase him and start working with him now and bond with him immediately.

So when I posted him on craigslist - I tried something different - I made it so that for people to see pics of him - they had to go to my website..... this way I could "track" where people were from, if they looked at any other pages while there (goaties), and how many times that specific IP was logging on. I was able to do this as it shows that they linked through craigslist.

I posted him for sale at 3:53 yesterday afternoon - by midnight, I had 46 hits from craigslist and from midnight to 7 am another 19 hits. One person by 5pm (1 hour after posting) had searched my website and found my phone number and is driving 4 hours next week to come look at him. I have had 1 email also. I am SHOCKED! I mean I know that he is a good looking man - but WOW!

Just had to share that I LOVE freewebs.

Oh I am in Idaho, and I had Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Nevada and Hawaii link to my site - WOW!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Re: LOVE Freewebs!!! LOL!

That is great news.

I bet it will be hard to sell that good looking fella.

How on earth do you track what pages they look at and the times? I have freewebs also and i have to say I have sold about 30 goats because of my website. I would never be able to do it without freewebs, because it is so easy to make the site.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

When you log into your freewebs account, next to edit my site, it says stats & promotion. If you click on that then it will take you to the "dashboard". From there, click on "visitors" the tab next to "dashboard". This will show you the IP address and if they linked in from another site.

If you click on the IP address most of the time it will show you where that IP address is located. It will also show you if they have logged in on another day. If you click on the #actions - it will show you what pages they looked at and for how long they were on each page.

It is so much fun - I feel like I am snooping though - LOL!

Let me know if you need more info!

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

You mean that little paint colt? How much are you asking for him? (curiosity)

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Just looked at your website. I WANT him darn it! And he's in my price range. Darn you! :drool:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

I am only asking 500.00 for him. I have been told that I can get alot more for him - however I am more looking for him to go to the "perfect" home.

I have a gentleman that is coming 4 hours each way to look at him next week and have had a few emails (disqualified one already).

The reason that I am asking 500.00 is that should cover the vet bill for momma. I have already had the farrier out, now the vet comes out on the 23rd to do momma's foriegn body sx and to float her teeth. Hopefully I will have enough to float the other 2's teeth also.

Anyway - if you could find a way to get him home Crissa, I would sell him to you in a heartbeat~ I would love him to go to someone that I "know"

7. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Ooooo now you're tempting me! If I had a way to get him here he'd be MINE! :love: I love black and white paints with blue eyes! And then I could use him for FFA! :drool: :help:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

His "hat" is chestnut and his leftside of his face and right hip are a grey/brown with a grey spot under his left hip that is as big as my fist.

I just took some more pics of him - he is WAY dirty, but he sure is getting bigger! I will post them in a few!

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    So he's multi colored! Even more tempting! :drool: Why oh why do I have to live so far away! Can't wait to see the new piccies of him! :wink:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Here are some pics from tonight. It is real over cast here and has been raining on and off for a few days - so like a typical boy - he plays in the mud! LOL!

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    He so pretty! :drool: My obsession for horses is NOT getting any help right now! :horse: I LOVE his mom's coloring too! I WANT I WANT I WANT!!! WAAH! :shrug: :help: So what's his name?

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison, he certainly is a very unique lil' boy! I truly think you are sacrificing him by asking $500! All horses need work no matter what the age but this little guy is not only gorgeous but young and could be a true sweetheart with the right handler....but you do what you need to do and go with your gut. :hug:

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I haven't named him and he will be a month old on the 20th.

I thought of topper. Then Flash. Then Spitfire. But nothing really stuck.

I am the only one that works with the animals and my hubby and I are the only ones that ride and we have 4 unrideable horse (all of them!). I just can't work full time - go to school 3/4 time, do the goats, and work with the 2 horses that we want to ride and train a colt. It just is not fair to him at all. I didn't pay for mom except for the extra feed that I am having to give her to put weight on and the 500.00 will pay her vet bill for the foriegn body surgery that I am going to have to do under her jaw and to float her teeth.

I probobly could get more - but a good home is way more important to me.

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison...it truly takes the heart of an animal lover to realize that they need more than you can give :love: Bless you!

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you so much for the complement Liz! That makes me feel a bit better.

I am just hoping for the perfect home. When I find that home, they will have to put at least a 100.00 non refundable deposit on him with a signed contract that he is to be picked up by Sept 1st or there will be boarding fees. I just want to give him the best home!

Crissa - let me know what you find out hun!

Allison